General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo accord issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Default Turbo accord issues

I have this issue where my car is not revving passed 5k rpm. I replaced the vss and it’s still doing it. The car runs a little smoother since I replaced the vss but it stops running smooth until it hits 5k. It sputters and seems to almost stop accelerating to 5k. So I’m lost. The car is turbo’d.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

It would help if we knew what kind of car this is. Assuming it's some kind of Accord, this isn't really an "off-topic" question so I'm moving it to General Tech. where more people will see it & help.

Old 11-09-2019, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
It would help if we knew what kind of car this is. Assuming it's some kind of Accord, this isn't really an "off-topic" question so I'm moving it to General Tech. where more people will see it & help.
I have a 1998 accord 2.3

Old 11-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

OK so for 1998 the turbo is obviously not stock. We'd have to know exactly what's what with the turbo, and I'm probably not the best source for that.

Old 11-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TurboAccord
I have a 1998 accord 2.3
The fact is, there really isn't anything we can do over the internet, you need to either have the mechanical defects corrected and/or have the tune corrected.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
The fact is, there really isn't anything we can do over the internet, you need to either have the mechanical defects corrected and/or have the tune corrected.
I was told it was in the tune but I’m not sure. The car drives really smooth up until it hits 5k rpm. I’m thinking maybe the timing is off. I’m gonna check on that soon today. The car doesn’t make any noises or anything that’s why I’m just a bit clueless on what could be causing that.

Old 11-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

I was told it was in the tune but I’m not sure. The car drives really smooth up until it hits 5k rpm. I’m thinking maybe the timing is off. I’m gonna check on that soon today. The car doesn’t make any noises or anything that’s why I’m just a bit clueless on what could be causing that.
Odds on bet it isn't the timing.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:37 PM

Odds on bet it isn't the timing.
would you have any idea what it could be if it isn’t timing? I wouldn’t think even if the timing is off just a little it would cause that.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

would you have any idea what it could be if it isn’t timing? I wouldn’t think even if the timing is off just a little it would cause that.
Please understand, you have a completely non-standard installation in your car; an installation none of us have ever seen. You need to have the issue professionally diagnosed.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Please understand, you have a completely non-standard installation in your car; an installation none of us have ever seen. You need to have the issue professionally diagnosed.
Agreed. You'd have to talk with your tuner to fix it. This sounds more like an issue in the ECU, rather than something mechanical, which is why we say have a chat with your tuner.

Quick Reply: Turbo accord issues