General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signals Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Exclamation 95 Accord LX Side Marker/Turn Signal Halfs Work

I know this might not be the right place, but I am having a similar problem on my 95 Accord LX 4door... The problem is, my side markers both turn on with parking lights, and the also flash with turn signals, they would flash together with parking lights off, and alternate with parking or headlights on. The right is still working, but....

The left one just recently stopped working right, it turns on and off with the parking and headlights, with no flickering and no voltage loss, even when moving the harness. But it will not flash for the turn signal....

When my lights are off, it stays lit up... When the lights are on, it shuts off... But when i turn on my 4ways it works like normal with the right... It just refuses to work for the left turn signal.

I checked bulbs, ohm'd wires, checked voltages, fuses, and relays... I dont know what the issue is, cant find the problem as all other lights and signals work properly....

So, sorry for the long explanation, just trying to get all the information out there. Only thing I can think is a faulty BCM, but don't even think the car has one....

Frustrated and confused... Any help is appreciated... And thanks in advance...

Old 07-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I also read in this thread about an Integrated Controller, would the 95 have one as well, and where is it located? I know the ECM and Trans Controller are under passenger front floor... Wondering if it might be bad....

Old 07-11-2014, 10:51 PM

The box that has the key/headlight warning chime in it (ICU) also disabled my turn signals when unplugged, i think.. i can't remember, been a while since i tried that. It may have disabled my headlights, which would make more sense... Either way it's about the size of a deck of cards and located under the drivers side dash. IIRC they're either brown or blue. The flasher relay should also be under there, it should be black.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I already replaced the flasher relay, and only the left front marker/turn signal is affected. Might try swapping at junkyard if I can find it under dash.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I did also notice today that only my left turn signal indicator on dash goes dim bright inside of on off, when left signal on, but not during 4ways

Old 07-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Your 95 also has two different relays related to the turn signals and side markers: the side marker flasher relay (the side marker flasher relay is built into the integrated control unit; located in under-dash fuse/relay box) and the turn signal/hazard relay (also located in under-dash fuse/relay box).

It may be an issue with the side marker relay (which is built into the integrated control unit).

Old 07-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I think I found it, if I am correct, it is the mini-computer right next to the fusebox in the driver kick panel. Went to gas station and right turn signal indicator is dimming out longer its on, until it hoes out, but can still hear flasher, and see turn signals outside. Thinking the control unit is going out, last year ECM and Tranny Controller went out.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Okay, so I found the box, it's like brown and has a large "TRW" etched into it... It is mounted somehow on the fuse block under the driver dash in the kick panel. I unplugged it, and neither of my front side marker/turn signals work at all. Going to wait for the rain to pass, then figure out how to unmount it from the fuse block and go swap out at Junkyard.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Check if you have plastic wheel guards covering the inner fender. My car didn't come with any and i constantly have to fix wires that get chewed up from the tires throwing rocks at the. There is a big wiring harness right inside the driver side fender well that controls alot of you turn signals and markers.....

Usually if you trace the wire back to the harness. They break off or get corroded right where they merge into the main wire harness.

You have to peel lots of tape and lots of wire covers to get to all the wires but it's a lot easier to work on

Old 07-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

To remove the integrated control unit, disconnect the 16P green connector, then pull the integrated control unit off the fuse/relay box.

Attached Thumbnails Turn Signals Problem-integrated-control-unit-photo.jpg   Turn Signals Problem-integrated-control-unit.jpg  

Quick Reply: Turn Signals Problem