General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signals shot / brake light out

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
C_ethan
Unregistered
Default Turn signals shot / brake light out

-92 accord LX.

My turn signals have completely gone out on me, hazards and all. Please Help!

Initially, I had blown a fuse. All lights... Interior LED's, brakes, etc... went out except for the headlights. After replacing the fuse(s). Everything worked except for the brake lights, which stayed on when the headlights were on. But worked fine otherwise.

I fixed that by unplugging the battery for a minute.

Now my turn signals, hazards included, are simply not working. And I am out of ideas.
Also, The interior dash lights light up when I hit the brakes.

My last guess is a lighting relay fuse that I haven't been able to check yet.

-Also, on what I'm assuming is an unrelated problem. My passenger side, rear end brake light is shot. Trying 3 different bulbs with nothing, I am just assuming it's a loose wire of some sort.

I desperately do not want to go to a dealership. ANY comments or guess's at all would be awesome.

****This forum is the best, this is the first time I've had to post a question that wasn't already on here. HAF has helped me very much in the past.

Last edited by C_ethan; 02-26-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

You may be chasing down a short in the system. You will need a volt meter to track down the problem.

Check the wiring near the brake lamp switch on top of the brake pedal and work backwards. Possibly a pinched wire?

You will have to get a hold of a wiring diagram for a 92 accord. You can download a 91 shop manual from the Online Manuals thread in the DIY section.

For the rear brake light, you will have to find which side of the circuit is the problem (hot or ground). Check for 12V at one connector of the bulb socket to any metal ground. Then check for continuity to ground on the other pin. Make sure that you do this with the brake pedal pushed down.