General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using a right hand positive battery in a left hand positive car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Using a right hand positive battery in a left hand positive car?

My Honda's battery died. I thought about buying a new one but I have a spare from a Nissan Altima 2001 and I could save some money and reduce waste by just using it.

BUT the N/A 2001 battery seems to be right hand positive. Autozone shows they use the same batteries by group size but suffixed with an R for right hand positive. The Honda battery is left hand positive. Obviously the only way I think this could work is to spin the battery around in the car. Has anyone done this or am I just crazy? I'm thinking about it in my head without looking under the hood and I think it should work if there's nothing under the hood that conflicts with turning the battery around.

What do you guys think?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Supper Moderator

Yes it will work. But make sure your leads are long enough. The ground that grounds out to your frame is very short. So just make sure you hook it up + to + and - to -. Just be sure about your leads. Also BE EXTREAMLY CAREFUL about removing that frame ground lead if you have to relocate it. Iv seen ppl blow up a bat and get a acid shower. Not pretty