General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

V4 vs V6 what is better

Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 PM
RussianBear22
Unregistered
Default V4 vs V6 what is better

Hey guys I am new to this forums and it looks like you got a lot of information going on here. Right now I got the 4 cylinder 2000 accord couple LX with sunroof, rear spoiler, neon setup and audio system. But i was reading a lot of things on accords lately and from what I see the difference between 4 and 6 cylinder accords in fuel efficiency is minimal however v6 version is way more power and fun to drive. Right now I have order an air intake and an exhaust tip for my accord to make it a bit more personal but I am not sure if i should do any more modifications to it since v6 version is better so I might just get that one and sell my ride. I also like the new 2008 accord coupes so I might just get a brand new one when it comes out.

Also I got a little problem on high speeds. When I got over 90 m/h my dash board starts vibrating and if I go over 100 my mp3 play spits out the cd because it vibrates so much. Also when I am not moving i am starting to get the same minor vibration. Right now I am fixing my a/c so I wonder if that will add to the problem. Your help is appreciated thx.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: V4 vs V6 what is better

I4.

but then...I4 vs. V6 is hard to call...depends on your personality. I love power...but was short on cash so I chose the I4 (pep and pickup speed).

Old 06-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Deleted User
Unregistered
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 06-12-2007, 11:24 AM

having owned a 94 I4 and a98V6, I can say without a doubt the V6 car is the way to go. V6 does not sounds like a bees nest when pushed bard and is overal a lot quieter

in my 94 LX gas milage was 25/34 and in the V6 it was 24/34. Only downside was trans was a pos in the 98-02 V6 cars and03+ V6 cars share the same crappy AT as tthe TL/RL cars

Old 06-12-2007, 05:08 PM

5 speed AT?

Old 06-12-2007, 05:20 PM

Your vibration is most likley being caused by an imbalance in your tires. Get all 4 tires balanced and the problem should go away. The other minor vibration is most likley being caused by your engine. In larger I4's the stoke is long enough that it creates a natrual vibration from the engine, now a days most I4's are built with balance shafts to help counteract the vibration problem, but not completely erase it.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 PM

Yeah, the vibration only slightly becomes evident around 110mph.

I was pulling 90 and the car felt so solid like it was going 40...I dunno if it's because of my strut bar and sway bar...but whatever, I'm cool with it.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:43 PM
RussianBear22
Unregistered

Thx for the feedback guys. I just installed my intake and will install my n1 exaust tip today. I baught both of them on e-bay for less than 60$. Yeah I also heard that transmission on V6 models is shaky especially on cars with high milage. I will prbably stick with my V4 till the new 2008 coupes come out than i will get that one. Intake sounds very sweet over 3.5 rpms that sound makes me horny lol. My car has 84 000 miles on it so yeah the shaking problem could be the engine. My first car was acura legend and the sespension on it was a bit higher so when i got the accord i might have hit the bottom of the car in my friends drive way and after that it started to make sounds. I fixed it but it might be it again because some bolts got loose.

Also what about ECU ubgrades. Are those chips that they sell on e-bay worth buying? They are like 2$ so it's not a big risk but still. If you guys know any software that i can get which will modify the ECU please post it.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Ewwww...why did you buy that cheapie/fartcan muffler off eBay? You better hope it comes with a silencer.

ECU upgrades (off eBay) and in general are not really worth it until the end of the project (turbo).

Old 06-13-2007, 06:32 PM
RussianBear22
Unregistered

Yes it did come with it already bolted on it so I am guessing it should be fine. As of right now my budget is very limited since I am right out of high school. Right now I want to buy another set of xenon lights because I didn’t buy a set and just bought the low beam once and know I want to get the high beam as well. Also I am thinking to get one of those tints for the front and rear lights. Each of them is custom made for the accord and both sellers have good reputation. The rear once have black, silver or white tint options. I have the silver accord so I will probably get the silver one. I also want to get the custom gauge for the speedometer and tachometer. I am not sure if I should get the set of blue lights for the interior. They will replace the boring side lamps and others inside the cabin. My car will be shining blue at night if I do it. I bought the car with a neon set up but with out the actual bulbs. Since I live in California it is illegal to have neon’s on while driving. But I want to get the under sit once also blue color. After that I will probably get the headers for the engine and real exhaust system. I am also thinking to get a body kit since mine is somewhat damaged. The front bumper was missing paint so I had to use paint remover to get the rest of the paint and than sanded it down. I have the my color mixture already ready but those bastards at the paint shop want way to much so I am trying to find somewhere that know how to paint on plastic. My rear bumper is fine just in one place I have a bit of paint of but it is not so bad. However in couple of places the screws for the body kit are mission and some other things are broken so it doesn’t align perfectly in all places. Yeah I type a lot dam…so what you guys think of my plan? Any one would recommend some body kits that are really good and if it is worth to buy those on e-bay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: V4 vs V6 what is better