General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Vibration(buzz) in gas pedal and steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Default Vibration(buzz) in gas pedal and steering wheel

2010 Honda Accord Coupe Ex-L 4 cyl. I'm getting a vibration or buzz like sensation in the gas pedal and steering wheel. I can deal, with the steering wheel, but the gas pedal feels as if im getting a foot massage. I've had this problem since the car was brand new(now has 12,000 miles). It is especially noticeable when accelerating after a complete stop, driving up a steeper hill, and when on the highway(65-75mph), but it's still present at all times. I've noticed that while im coasting down a hill, and if i rest my foot on the accelerator without pushing it, it is buzzing like crazy. My brake pedal is solid, and has no vibrations whatsoever. This is extremely annoying since i drive over 60 miles a day. I've had it to the honda dealer, but i'm just getting the runaround. The last time, they said they "adjusted the gas pedal", which i know was a bunch of bull. I've had my tires rotated, but that did nothing for the vibration issue. Tire pressure is also good. I love the looks of the car, but don't like driving it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb Hi Member

If you bought that car new, take it there get a loaner car and leave it till they fix it right..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Thumbs down

My 2010 EX-L V6 just started having the same problem at 8,000 km - since I bought it, it started having issues with the steering wheel vibrating. I've had the tires road force balanced many times but still not resolved. The tire manufacturer even replaced all 4 tires but still no fix.
The quality of Honda products has been going downhill for a long time now. I'd recommend that new car owners simply refuses to consider a Honda product unless they love wasting days and weeks going to see their dealership and returning each & every time to have the same problem re- "fixed". The dealerships have no clue what the problems are and Honda Canada doesn't seem to give a damn either. I wonder if Honda Japan feels the same way about their North American counterparts. Maybe everyone should stop buying Honda products altogether. That may get Honda's worldwide attention.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Default same issues here in USA

I have a 2011 Accord EX-L and experiencing the same problem, hard shaking of the steering wheel @ +55mph. Have been to the dealer 5 times so far and they can't find/fix the issue and Honda America could care less. They know about the problem but you have to go thru lawyers to get something accomplished. I read some people were able to get a cash settlement from Honda.

Originally Posted by Blizzard1234
My 2010 EX-L V6 just started having the same problem at 8,000 km - since I bought it, it started having issues with the steering wheel vibrating. I've had the tires road force balanced many times but still not resolved. The tire manufacturer even replaced all 4 tires but still no fix.
The quality of Honda products has been going downhill for a long time now. I'd recommend that new car owners simply refuses to consider a Honda product unless they love wasting days and weeks going to see their dealership and returning each & every time to have the same problem re- "fixed". The dealerships have no clue what the problems are and Honda Canada doesn't seem to give a damn either. I wonder if Honda Japan feels the same way about their North American counterparts. Maybe everyone should stop buying Honda products altogether. That may get Honda's worldwide attention.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 AM
Default Same issue

Hi all,
I'm living in Kuwait and I have 2010 Accord V6, cars in middle east are coming directly from Japan. I bought my car few months ago from the original owner and now it is only 24,500 KM and I have been suffering the same problem since day one and no body on earth understood my issue. I have been in many Honda forums and I found this is a common issue. I was planning to go change my tires for Pirelli or Michelin to get rid of the issue but looks like there is no need to do so. So not only Honda in Canada or USA has this issue but Japanese manufactured Accord has the same issue