General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak underneath car

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Water leak underneath car

I have a Honda Accord 2000 LX. This morning when I pulled my car out of the driveway, I notice a trail of water on the ground. I knew it was water because I touched and smelled it. Felt like water and no smell to it. The water trail appeared when I was pulling my car out of the driveway on a slight incline about 10 degree slope. on the level, there was no water leakage on the ground. when i took a look underneath the car, the leakage was located on the passenger side. the plastic cover at this area is partially cracked opened for a long time now and never had any kind of fluid leakage underneath the car from this area until today. i took a picture of this area. i'll check the ground again in a few hours to see if there is still any leakage.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

That may possibly be from the sunroof drain tube valve. Your car has four (2 front, 2 rear).

Edit: Does your car has a sunroof? I don't remember if the LX has them for your year. EX has sunroof.

Last edited by redbull-1; 05-29-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by honda69
if use the air conditioning.so the water from there don't worry.car didn't use water as liquid for any components.
Que?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by honda69
if use the air conditioning.
so the water is from there don't worry...
my first thought, too. where do you live? humid climate = yes

can minimize somewhat by leaving the fan on, but turning off the A/C about 1/2 mile from your stop

Old 05-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Newest Of Newbies

my car does not have a sun roof and it's a sedan 4dr. no i have not used the a/c in a while as it is not that warm yet here in los angeles. i checked it again in the evening and it's still wet there. i also check all the fluids and everything looks normal.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM

Could it be from the washer fluid pump/reservior?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EXV6NIGHTHAWK
Could it be from the washer fluid pump/reservior?
I was also thinking that too.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Default Water leak underneath car

Hello daftshadow:

Did you ever find the source of your water leak underneath the car?

I'm having the same problem on 04 Accord. It's clear water under the front passenger seat area. I don't have a sunroof and it hasn't rained in a while and I have not used the ac either. However, it comes streaming out when I tuen on the AC button. I'm think maybe it's some coolant line for the AC ??

Old 06-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Is water leaking out of a rubber hose that is on the passenger side of the firewall?

Old 06-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Default Water leak underneath car (right under the glove box)

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Is water leaking out of a rubber hose that is on the passenger side of the firewall?

It doesn't look like normal condensation coming out of the rubber hose. The area underneath is very wet and the water comes shooting out when I turn on the AC. It is approx underneath the glove box.

I have a feeling it's coming from the Evaporator core which is located in the same exact spot. It sounds like an expensive repair since it involves a lot of labor to get to it....

Quick Reply: Water leak underneath car