General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

weird idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default weird idle

hey so 1998 accord lx and i blew the motor mount out in two i replaced it at first it didnt have the vaccum line and it bogged out then after replacing it with the one with a vaccum line another trip to parts store it idles weird if u give it gas to much to fast it dies or if u let off to fast it dies u cant drive it at all due to that problem. what is the cuase

Old 03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Your post is a bit hard to follow, see if this is about right.

You have a 98 Accord, Auto trans, 4 cyl and the the rear motor mount "busted".

After you replaced the mount, you are now having issues with the idle that WERE NOT there before?

Is the CEL on?

Double check your work to be sure the vac line to the solenoid from the intake is not leaking...or anything else that was touched during the repair.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Newest Of Newbies

no lights and ive checked the work

Old 03-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by turbokohm425
no lights and ive checked the work
Is that the best answer you can give?

You have someone trying to help you and you seem bothered to type a more detailed response.

Last edited by crispin; 03-21-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

I'm way out on a limb here, trying to help. Can you drive the car at all?

When replacing the rear mount, did you happen to remove the connectors to the MAP and TPS?

Old 03-25-2012, 01:13 AM
Newest Of Newbies

ok sry since the motor mount i have unpplugged the map and tps and have tryin replacing the map sensor no changes it surges u can put car in drive and try to drive but it has a problem so your top speed is about twenty miles per hour. i dis connected the heater core and the anitfreeze line in process of taking motor mount. i also tried cleaning my iacv and bleed the system for the antifreeze using the bleeder after the thermo. um i have unplugged the tps car dies uplug the iacv car idle revs up or changes the connection at the back my throttle body is working unpluggin it changes. i have reset the ecu and let it relearn i have used both battery and fuse also was done multiple times most reccent was aftger the change of map sensor. the car kinda sounds like there is a lope to it. after 3000rpm the car bogs if u mash on it it straight boggs and most the time dies. i have re done the motor mount and check to make sure there is no puniching,leaks or anything. i have sprayed carb cleaner across every vaccum line to see if it revs up nothing. um i pinched off every vaccum line to see if it changes nothing, i have used the soap method nothing,. im lead to beleive im running to rich due to you can smell it from exhuast and also i put new spark plugs in last night maybe had the car running an total of 5 hrs at most and the plugs are all black although way covering the bottom of the spark plug. not wet tho. im lost in thought and cant seem to figure why the car is surging and bogging out. no vaccum leak motor mount is in correct seems as the tps is working the map is system is bleed. idk. sry my last post was short and all. can anyone help?

Old 03-25-2012, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Could you break up that paragraph and use complete sentences? It is hard to read your last post.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I edited his post to make it somewhat easier to read as he did at least give us more information which is what I requested.

ok sry since the motor mount i have unpplugged the map and tps and have tryin replacing the map sensor no changes it surges u can put car in drive and try to drive but it has a problem so your top speed is about twenty miles per hour.
i disconnected the heater core and the anitfreeze line in process of taking motor mount.

i also tried cleaning my iacv and bleed the system for the antifreeze using the bleeder after the thermo.

um i have unplugged the tps car dies uplug the iacv car idle revs up or changes the connection at the back my throttle body is working unpluggin it changes.

i have reset the ecu and let it relearn i have used both battery and fuse also was done multiple times most reccent was aftger the change of map sensor.

the car kinda sounds like there is a lope to it. after 3000rpm the car bogs if u mash on it it straight boggs and most the time dies.

i have re done the motor mount and check to make sure there is no puniching,leaks or anything.

i have sprayed carb cleaner across every vaccum line to see if it revs up nothing.
um i pinched off every vaccum line to see if it changes nothing, i have used the soap method nothing,.

im lead to beleive im running to rich due to you can smell it from exhuast and also i put new spark plugs in last night maybe had the car running an total of 5 hrs at most and the plugs are all black although way covering the bottom of the spark plug.

not wet tho.

im lost in thought and cant seem to figure why the car is surging and bogging out.

no vaccum leak motor mount is in correct seems as the tps is working the map is system is bleed.

idk.

sry my last post was short and all.

can anyone help?

Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

I'm trying to understand and help. Only codes you got is when you unplugged the sensors, correct.

This issue was not there before replacing the rear mount, correct.

Be sure the MAP and TPS connectors are on the correct sensor.

TPS-wires
Green/Black
Red/Black
Yellow/Blue

MAP-wires
Yellow/Red
Green/White
Red/Green

The "design" of the connector is the same, so you need to verify the wire colors of the two and be sure they are connected to the correct sensor.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by crispin
I edited his post to make it somewhat easier to read as he did at least give us more information which is what I requested.

ok sry since the motor mount i have unpplugged the map and tps and have tryin replacing the map sensor no changes it surges u can put car in drive and try to drive but it has a problem so your top speed is about twenty miles per hour.
i disconnected the heater core and the anitfreeze line in process of taking motor mount.

i also tried cleaning my iacv and bleed the system for the antifreeze using the bleeder after the thermo.

um i have unplugged the tps car dies uplug the iacv car idle revs up or changes the connection at the back my throttle body is working unpluggin it changes.

i have reset the ecu and let it relearn i have used both battery and fuse also was done multiple times most reccent was aftger the change of map sensor.

the car kinda sounds like there is a lope to it. after 3000rpm the car bogs if u mash on it it straight boggs and most the time dies.

i have re done the motor mount and check to make sure there is no puniching,leaks or anything.

i have sprayed carb cleaner across every vaccum line to see if it revs up nothing.
um i pinched off every vaccum line to see if it changes nothing, i have used the soap method nothing,.

im lead to beleive im running to rich due to you can smell it from exhuast and also i put new spark plugs in last night maybe had the car running an total of 5 hrs at most and the plugs are all black although way covering the bottom of the spark plug.

not wet tho.

im lost in thought and cant seem to figure why the car is surging and bogging out.

no vaccum leak motor mount is in correct seems as the tps is working the map is system is bleed.

idk.

sry my last post was short and all.

can anyone help?

thanks for doing that right on the dot.

the only time i get any codes is when i unplug something, such as the map sensor then it will shoot me the code p0108 or the correspoding code.

although as i was directed to i have double checked the plugs and they ar back wards i am going to reset the ecu and see will post within the hour to see.

Quick Reply: weird idle