General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

what to buy???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Fishermoe14
Unregistered
Default what to buy???????

hi i am new to this forum.. and im lookin to get my first car this summer.. i was looking at the accords and was wondering what year is the best to buy?? i was reading about the 2000 and the tranny probs so that is out of the question. i kinda like the 06 but i was wondering if there are any disadvantages to them and if there are if its an easy fix.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: what to buy???????

make sure to buy 1 with manual tranny

Old 01-30-2007, 03:49 AM
Fishermoe14
Unregistered

yea i was thinkin about the 6 speed on the 06..
has anyone had any good or bad experiences..
and does anyone know of some reasons to convince my dad to get me a coupe instead of sedan..????
hhehehehehhe.... only got the less people space=less distracted driving, :P

Old 01-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Best one is the newest NSX you can find. Or maybe a brand new Civic Hybrid, for gas mileage.

Seriously, when you ask a question like this, you have to give us some information. Here's the 2 biggies that we have to guess about.
What do you want?
(lotsa room, lotsa luxury, lotsa speed, SCCA competitive,best gas mileage?)
How much money you got??

ORIGINAL: Fishermoe14

... and does anyone know of some reasons to convince my dad to get me a coupe instead of sedan..????
hhehehehehhe.... only got the less people space=less distracted driving, :P
Well, having a couple kids of my own, I'd say a 2007 Accord for the airbags & safety aspect, but swap in a 1978 VW Rabbid deisel engine so you can't go fast enough to kill anyone...

Old 01-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Fishermoe14
Unregistered

well i want a fast car.. i dont car about space.. but my dad does... 20k is my limit.. so that means after all the taxes and fees

Old 01-30-2007, 03:35 PM

Get a honda civic SI. I would recommand a honda accord type R but i doubt youll find one.The new honda v-6 are very nice if you can get you hands on those.And since you dont care about space i recommand coupes. PLus your a young kid. Get something sporty. Or maybe the acura rsx type-s.. or get a 6th generation accord coupe and swap for a h22a and just get intake headers and exhuast. That would be better then the type R accord. to be honest you choose the right maker, your young and you want a car thats gonna be realible and durable. Like something to beat the **** out of. PLus has a resale value. But is your chocie iam just blabing names at ya.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:41 PM

the reason to get a coupe vs. 4 door....

Coupe has fewer working door parts and switches, less glass to replace in the event of an accident, less panels to replace in the even of an accident, same saftey rating, a little bit lighter so possibly better fuel economy, better re-sale value (5 spd coupes appeal more than automatic coupes), ample trunk space for hauling stuff to college, and the chicks dig it... that's all the reasons I can make up off the top of my head (and yes I'm aware that some of it is BS...) try those on for size with him.... stay away from automatic V6 98-01's...

Old 01-30-2007, 07:23 PM

tell your pops that people only 5' 5" or shorter will be comfortable in the rear seats...

i have an 04 accord ex-L 4 cylinder... the acceleration isadequate since it's only 160hp/160tq... but it's good enough... the 6 speed V6 is a sportscar man... that thing is sweet... if you want to be different, then the v6 2006 Accord is a great choice... i didn't get it bc it gets 16-18 mpg city... my 4 banger gets 22- 24 mpg on Shell's 87 octane...

good luck man...

Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Fishermoe14
Unregistered

ok sweet.. what is a h22a??????? sorry im a newbie. yea my dad might let me now.. :P still gotta work him for a while till he gives in... muahahhahah.. is there any way to improve milage on the v6 6 spd 06.. wow that sooooo coooll 6 6 06

Old 01-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

H22 is a DOHC engine that came in the Prelude. It's a popular engine to swap into a '98-'02 Accord.

Gotta say this... The absolute by farmost effective way to get better gas mileage is to control your right foot. With a V-6 & 6-spd that isn't gonna be easy.

Quick Reply: what to buy???????