General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When i press on the brakes the lights dont come on in the back.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default When i press on the brakes the lights dont come on in the back.

Hi i noticed that my brake lights dont work. Everytime i brake the brake lights dont work in the back. but the night time lights work fine. When i checked the "STOP" fuse under the hood. It was burnt. After i replaced the fuse, everytime i press on the brake once, the fuse burns. i put the the proper fuse. Thats wierd. What can be the problem. I dont think it can be the fuse. Could it be the brake light switch? how much is that around to replace? Please let me know. I cannot drive without those lights working or the cops gonna give me crap.

Last edited by zann121; 07-15-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Check that the bulbs aren't burnt out.

Possible the brake light switch. It is on top of the brake pedal. If you jump the switch, and the brake lights come on, then you will have to replace the switch.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Newest Of Newbies

what do you mean by "jump the switch"? everytime i put a new fuse and press on the brake the fuse blows. could that still be a problem with the brake light switch.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry, I should have read your first post in more detail.

Somehow you are drawing too much current when you hit the brake and are blowing a fuse. Sounds like you have a short in the system. You are going to have to trace down the short.

I don't have a wiring diagram for your accord, so I can't give you any electrical tests to try.

Have you done any work on the car recently?