Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/)
-   -   Whining noise in engine (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/whining-noise-engine-292/)

cgarcia275 03-31-2005 07:46 PM

RE: Whining noise in engine

About the wife...now that you mentioned it...hmmmmmmm. :D Usually she pipes down after a few belts of whiskey so I may have to step it up a notch!

I don't hear that noise coming out of my speakers. I just hear what's coming out of the engine. I've actually placed a long screwdriver up against the tensioner and then placed the handle part of it against my ear to see if I could hear anything coming out of it but it sounded pretty normal. I did the same with the alternator and it sounded okay for the most part. Nothing that would really stand out or anything. I'm going to run it past a mechanic that I know who's got a shop and see what he comes up with. We looked at it once last week but now I'd like to get him to hook it up to at least of volt meter and see if it's charging okay. I would think the dummy light would come on if it wasn't but who knows. Since it's already freaking out electronically it may not be detecting it. Oh, one other thing that I thought of. For months now my gear shifter doesn't engage sometimes either. I'll have to really pump on the brake to get it to release the shifter out of Park. REAL pain in the neck...especially if you're at a drive-up bank and there's 6 cars behind you! Eventually I can get it into Drive but not after having to stomp on the brake for a couple minutes. I'm thinking there's something electronically hosed there too. Could there be a link to the problems I'm having now??

cgarcia275 04-02-2005 06:29 PM

Okay...found the problem. It was the alternator. I removed it...spun it....and it was making a nasty noise. All my dummy lights are working as they should and I don't have the problem with them flickering anymore.

Thanks for all the input, guys. ;)

WheelBrokerAng 04-02-2005 10:26 PM

Way to go Garcia[sm=yeahsmile.gif].

I thought of alternator also and was going to tell you about the same problem I had and , and, and, and[sm=icon_blah.gif]- but I think I said enough...Anyways good that you cleared up your problem...

WheelBrokerAng

remington870_20ga 04-03-2005 02:21 PM

Yippie Skippy! [sm=happy046.gif]

WheelBrokerAng 04-12-2005 03:14 AM

Very Cute Woot going across, your getting very innovative Skippy...[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

Yippie Skippy! [sm=happy046.gif]

Burn69 05-15-2005 07:47 PM

Good job, that is what I thought it would be based on your description.