General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WINDOWS SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Default WINDOWS SUCK

i got a 97 honda accord 4dr vtex EX 2.2l and the power windows are sluggish. Sometimes I wonder if the passenger side is even going to go up. Is there something i can do myself to speed them up? Maybe some lubricant I can put in?

Also, the driver side window is slightly off track and towards the top it comes out of the weatherstripping, any ideas?????

Old 12-01-2006, 03:34 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: WINDOWS SUCK

I have this exact problem also. Its exaggerated when the window is wet, also. And my driver side window goes up fine when Im stopped or driving slow, but if Im on the highway and try to roll it up, it goes outside the weatherstripping.

Someone help us lol!!

Old 12-01-2006, 05:07 PM

Guess I have the very same problem!! I would also guess that pretty much everyone with 96 and 97 accords probably have this problem. I have found no fixes. I have to guide both driver side and passenger side windows up with my hand to make them go up correctly. I have also noticed with my car that if I give it some gas the windows go up a little faster.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:10 PM

it sounds like it's out of adjustment/off the track slightly.... remove your door panel and look at the front edge of the window, make sure it is still in that track, then put it back if it's not .... there are also a couple of bolts in the center of the door and towards the top that are in slots so you can loosen those and adjust the window track if need be.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I had the same issue (coming off the track / out of the weather stripping) in my 88 coupe (manual). I had to replace the window regulator. $60 part. Dont think it is too much more for a motorized one. Get a Haynes manual, a warm garage, and have a fun evenin!

Old 12-03-2006, 12:06 PM

spray some wd-40 in the channels,spray it at the top and let it roll all the way down the channel, then roll the windows up and down,, if that does not help, you might have to replace the run channel

Old 12-03-2006, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

I have this exact problem also. Its exaggerated when the window is wet, also. And my driver side window goes up fine when Im stopped or driving slow, but if Im on the highway and try to roll it up, it goes outside the weatherstripping.

Someone help us lol!!
if window goes outside channel, it is not a simple lubricating job,,,,,,,,you need to remove the panel and see whats going on on the lower part,maybe adjust the lower tracks ,,but , you might have to replace channel or regulator,,,,

Old 12-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Newest Of Newbies

The slow windows are easy to deal with, but don't wait or you'll burn up the motors. Get some 'Dry Lube' spray at Home Depot - its used to free up drawers and such. Put the windows down and SOAK the guides with the spray, and run the windows up and down. Go ahead and overspray. This has worked very well. DO NOT take the door apart thereis nothing to fix or lube inside. Good luck - this is a very common problem.

A.W.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

spray some wd-40 in the channels,spray it at the top and let it roll all the way down the channel, then roll the windows up and down,, if that does not help, you might have to replace the run channel
dont spray wd-40 in there if you have tinted windows! it will ruin them!

Old 12-29-2006, 02:13 PM

It sounds like most of you are having a track problem, two easy things to do, 1)Replace that rear window guide (about $70.00 for the part) and 2) check and make sure the window hasn't come out of the front window guide.

Those are the common reasons for it happening and it probably takes 30 minutes to fix.

Quick Reply: WINDOWS SUCK