General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

windshield makeover?

Old 04-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Default windshield makeover?

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX with 210,000 miles on it. The windshield looks like it's been sandblasted when there is a bright sun. I believe this was caused by all the airborne stuff that's hit the windshield over the last 6 years and 210,000 miles. Anyhow, do you know of anyway to treat it to bring it back to (or close to) it's original clear appearance? Thank you.

Last edited by Jeff247; 04-01-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Have you tried cleaning it really well?
You can always try waxing a spot on it and see if that helps.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 PM

Hi Jeff247,

What did you do about your windshield?

My Accord has similar parblem, lots of scratched and fine pits on the windshield. The more I clean the window the more the stuff becomes visible, specially in sunny days. I also tried some Zano scratch removal stuff, didn't help much.

anyway I am thinking of replacing the windshield, as I think the pits and scratched on my windshiled are too deep to buff out.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:38 PM

It's not worth palying with it. I just replaced mine for $195.00, make sure you get the factory glass. The first one put in was PPG and it had ripples in it, both horizontally and vertically. They will tell you that PPG is a harder glass and less likely to pit, but optically it less superior than the others. Just my opinion

Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by poolman
It's not worth palying with it. I just replaced mine for $195.00, make sure you get the factory glass. The first one put in was PPG and it had ripples in it, both horizontally and vertically. They will tell you that PPG is a harder glass and less likely to pit, but optically it less superior than the others. Just my opinion
195 sounds like a good deal. Did it include labor charge and rubber trimmings and so forth?

Old 06-02-2009, 05:38 PM

It included everything ( incl. tax ) The rubber was still good, but would have been included in the price if it was bad.

The guy I use charges one price, most of the other places charge Ala Carte depending on what they run in to. The best part is that he does it at your work or home.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Administrator
Question Do You Guys Have Insurance

If you do, insurance covers it some companys even with out the deductable..My company has no deductable so it cost me nothing.

If your deductable is less than the cost of replaceing the glass, pay the deductable and let your ins co pick up the rest of the tab..

One of our regulars in here is a insurance adjuster..but I forgot who he is..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Jon aka lxaccord5spd is in the insurance business .... I think he is a claims adjuster, but I also think that he only works on corporate accounts, so it might be completely different. IDK.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
If you do, insurance covers it some companys even with out the deductable..My company has no deductable so it cost me nothing.
You & I are in Ohio. If you already have comprehensive coverage on your car, state law forbids the insurance for charging deductable for glass. Different states have different rules.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Default windshield makeover

Wow, great post What a price At 21,000 miles Im already seeing dings on the windshield & thinking about a new one already. Odd, Ive never noticed pits like this on the windshield of any other car Ive ever owned??? Maybe some of that was there from new....I just know theres a world of difference between the 07 with 21K on it & the 08 with < 1,000 miles on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: windshield makeover?