General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wipers don't work, And its raining!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Default Windshield Wipers don't work, And its raining!

My windshield wipers don't work, they make a sound when I turn them on, but nothing, i figured out that the Wiper arm came off the ball, and the white half ball thing that snaps over it to make sure the arm doesn't fall off the ball was broken off, does ANYONE know where I can get that white ball thing?? or what else I could use to make it not fall off, or where I can get one? anything?

Old 07-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

What year is your accord? Put that information in your signature line.

From your pic, it looks like a 94-97. The dealership would have the part you are looking for. Also places like honda parts deals or majestic honda sell parts online.

I attached a pic of the wiper parts diagram.

Last edited by PAhonda; 07-30-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM

yea 95, ex. i want to call the dealership, but i dont want to have to buy the whole setup, i just need that ball.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

If the picture I posted above has the part you need numbered, then you can buy it from the dealership. Look up parts for your car at www[dot]hondapartsdeals[dot]com to get the part number and a price estimate.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 PM

This is the exact problem I have. I just called my local dealership and they gave me a line about Honda not selling that part and I would have to buy the whole arm at $32. If I can buy that plastic nut for a just a few dollars or cents I'd love that. I looked at the diagram, which is below, but can't figure the exact name of that part. Is it part number 2, 8, 25, or 26 or another?

Is there a how to on this? I looked but didn't see it in the DIY section and want to know if I have to take the windshield wiper motor off to pop that plastic nut back on or if there is another technique to get it on more easily? The space to work in is very tight on the hands.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

It is hard for me to tell which part is causing your problem from your description.

I would suggest to download the 94 shop manual from the spooner link I posted in online manuals thread in the DIY section. It has a procedure on how to disassemble the wiper arms, etc.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:21 PM

I'm referring to the same white plastic "half ball" shaped nut-type piece that the OP spoke of which supposedly snaps over the black half ball on the little rotating arm underneath the transmission. Not sure of what it is called. Are you talking about this this link: Accord 1994 CD7 CD9 USDM JDM Service Manual ? Thanks.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

That is the manual that I am talking about.

I never had to take apart my windshield wipers, so I am not sure which part is broken. Maybe the shop manual will help you out with the pics of the mechanism.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:56 AM

try tightening the bolt down on the arm

Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 PM

I looked in the 1994 Honda Accord service manual and on page 23-295 there is a diagram for the wiper motor. Under instruction #5, there is a piece which I believe is called part# 95233: Link Unit A. Within that diagram, there is a piece above link unit A which looks like a linkage arm and there is a rounded cap attached to the end of the linkage arm. I believe this rounded cap attached to the linkage arm is the plastic piece which broke off making my wipers not work.

Is this piece a part that only comes with the linkage arm(part #113588: Rod Unit B) or can I get that little rounded cap by itself and snap it on? Could that part be part#20967: Dust Seal? Also, if the parts can be identified from what I mentioned, can anyone give me tips on getting it put back on?

BTW, what is the dealer name for the Vehicle Speed Sensor and is it just as fine to use an aftermarket? I can't figure which part is is from the drop down lists on Honda parts sites.

Last edited by bustum; 04-27-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers don't work, And its raining!