General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Wipers aren't working

Old 09-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Default Wipers aren't working

I have a major problem guys. I foundout this morning that my wipers aren't working. I'm not exactly sure when it started because it hasn't been raining but it is now and I have no wipers. This is a major safety issue and I was lucky that is was only a drizzle this morning. I'll probably put a fresh coat of Rain-X on so that'll help a little bit but I still need wipers. I checked the 30A fuse inside the cabin in the driver's side kick panel and it looks fine. I also switched it out just in case but I still have nothing. Please help. I think there'll be more rain.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Wipers aren't working

chk the under-dash fuse box fuse # 7 , 10 amps and fuse # 21 , 7.5 amps

Old 09-05-2007, 04:19 PM

ok i checked those fuses and basically every other fuse i could get my hands on. the wipers still aren't working. is there anything else i can check?

Old 09-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Does the washer fluid spray out when you try to use the mist?

Old 09-05-2007, 10:02 PM

yes windshield washer fluid still sprays out but the wipers dont come on to wipe it away. it doesn't come on at all.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Either the wiper motor is faulty or the switch is bad. You can try to download a manual for a 94 from www.hondahookup.com/manuals and run through those tests or get a Haynes manual from a place like AutoZone. The Haynes should have a test procedure for you, but the shop manual is the best for DIY work.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:18 AM

I don;t know how to check a faulty motor or switch. Is there by any chance a harness/connector that might have came loose?

Old 09-08-2007, 03:50 PM

Turn the switch on, get out of the car, and try moving the wipers by hand. If they come on and start to move, the motor is weak and the switch is ok. With the switch still on, and the key on but not engine running, remove the electrical connector from the motor, get a 12v test light at a place like autozone, ground itsomewhere (negative battery terminal, alternator bracket)and probe the connector. If it lights up, you have power going to the motor :: bad motor. Replace the wiper motor. If you have no power going to the wiper motor, take the same test light, ground it to a good ground somewhere (door striker, metal dash frame), and see if you have power at the fuse box. Power at the fuse box but none at the wiper motor: the switch or the wiring between the motor and switch has an open circuit or short to ground. No power at the fuse box = time to go see a goodauto electrician.

Shorter version of above..use test light to find out which terminal on the motor/harness is the power source. Jumper a wire from the + battery terminal directly to the power input on the motor. If the motor turns on, the switch or wiring is bad. If the motor doesn't turn on, the motor is bad.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:06 PM

thanks ill try that or at least attempt to try it tomorrow. ill have to buy that test light or watever.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:07 PM

does anybody know how to get around to reach the wiper motor so i can test the connector? i dont have a service manual for my car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wipers aren't working