General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Would you get a Toyota Scion Tc 08 or Honda Accord Coupe 08 if you had the money?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 PM
aaronw118
Unregistered
Default Would you get a Toyota Scion Tc 08 or Honda Accord Coupe 08 if you had the money?

Hey guys, new to the forum and wanted to buy a new car! i have pretty much narrowed it down to these two. Which one would you get and why? thanks!!

Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Would you get a Toyota Scion Tc 08 or Honda Accord Coupe 08 if you had the money?

accord, no question about it. K24 is an amazing motor.

i am kinda biast tho, because i absolutely dispise scions, they are just failed toyotas

but for that amount of cash i would get a early 90s NSX, but thats just me

Old 05-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Would you get a Toyota Scion Tc 08 or Honda Accord Coupe 08 if you had the money?

Accord fo sho. I think the tC is in the same class as the Civic with engine size and space, the Accord is just bigger and more powerful. I would decide what your needs are and go from there. Both cars/motors have a lot a potential (K-series probably more), so it's pretty much down to creature comforts and style.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:42 AM

Go with the Accord. Toyota Scions are for teenagers and people with bad driving records.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: finch13

Accord fo sho. I think the tC is in the same class as the Civic with engine size and space, the Accord is just bigger and more powerful. I would decide what your needs are and go from there. Both cars/motors have a lot a potential (K-series probably more), so it's pretty much down to creature comforts and style.
The tC has a 2.4L engine that puts out 163 ft.lbs of torque and 160HP. The torque is about the same and the accord has a bit more HP. The accord has more weight as well, so the tC is faster. These are two very different cars, so it all depends on what matters to you. For me, I recently switched from a 2000 V6 sedan to a manual tC and I love it. Handling is my main thing and I almost have the tC up to the level that I had my Accord and I haven't even swapped the shocks and springs yet!

Old 05-27-2008, 10:58 AM

Well first of all, you are asking what car we would buy between an Accord and another car on an ACCORD forum. What do you think the results will say?

Second, I had the money and chose the Accord. Although I do like the looks of the tC, the Accord is a much more upscale car. I have never had any problems with any of my Hondas so I saw no reason to switch.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

ORIGINAL: finch13

The tC has a 2.4L engine that puts out 163 ft.lbs of torque and 160HP. The torque is about the same and the accord has a bit more HP. The accord has more weight as well, so the tC is faster. These are two very different cars, so it all depends on what matters to you. For me, I recently switched from a 2000 V6 sedan to a manual tC and I love it. Handling is my main thing and I almost have the tC up to the level that I had my Accord and I haven't even swapped the shocks and springs yet!
The last time I bothered looking at tC specs was when they had an engine under 2.0L and the horsepower rating of like 130 or something, I don't exactly remember, but I see that they've had that motor since they were introduced. Sorry to misinform you guys!

Old 05-27-2008, 12:13 PM

It's always had the 2.4L. They modified the external stuff between '06 and '07 so intakes and exhausts aren't interchangable. They also upgraded the TPMS, which on mine (the older version) is basically worthless (ABS sensor type that looks for a slower wheel). The new system actually looks at pressure.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:36 PM

P.S. The poll isn't working for me. Anyone else?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Accord of course...but then there is another I'm looking at

WheelBrokerAng.....and it's orange in color

Quick Reply: Would you get a Toyota Scion Tc 08 or Honda Accord Coupe 08 if you had the money?