General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Which yellow connector do I disconnect to re-set SRS system?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Default Which yellow connector do I disconnect to re-set SRS system?

Sorry to keep posting so many questions, I just found this forum and I've been dealing with these SRS and CEL codes like crazy...

Anyway, I read a how-to on resetting the SRS system by disconnecting and reconnecting a yellow connector thats up under the left dash by the fuse box.

Is it the only yellow connector that's plugged into the fuse box or is it actually one of the other yellow connectors that are up under the dash?

Thanks for any help,

Donnie

Old 10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

That connector you are looking for is on the side panel plugs into a dummy connector NOT the one that is in the fuse box.

Here is the location: Sitting in the driver's seat. It is behind the bottom left corner of the plastic panel that has the change holder.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:56 PM

PA,

Thank you again so much for all the help!

I did find the correct plug and did get the system reset.

I put a post in my other thread about the codes that it listed when I shorted the ECU connector.

They were 7;1, 7;2 and 7;3 I'm pretty sure.

Thanks again,

Donnie

Old 10-04-2009, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by uraceulose
PA,

Thank you again so much for all the help!

I did find the correct plug and did get the system reset.
What was wrong with your SRS.

I have the SRS light on my dashboard lit - it's been that way for about 2 years. Can I reset it like described in this thread - or is my circumstance different than yours?

Thanks

Old 10-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by voteforpedro
What was wrong with your SRS.
I have the SRS light on my dashboard lit - it's been that way for about 2 years. Can I reset it like described in this thread - or is my circumstance different than yours?
Thanks
First off, your threadjacking will confuse the issue for the OP.
Secondly, I'm gazing at the crystal ball and still have no idea WHAT YEAR the Accord is.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by hondadude
First off, your threadjacking will confuse the issue for the OP.

Secondly, I'm gazing at the crystal ball and still have no idea WHAT YEAR the Accord is.
Sorry,

the OP had resolved his issue, so I didn't think I was threadjacking. I was asking if his issue was similar to mine or something completely different.

My car is a 2000 Accord EX - and I've been ignoring the SRS light on my dashboard for a couple years. The warning light lit up one day for no reason that I'm aware of - and has been on ever since. If it's as simple as what the OP just resolved - I'll try and fix it the way described in this thread.

If not, I'm not overly concerned about it - but turning lights off on my dashboard is always a good thing.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Unless your car has a salvage title, the airbags should be under warranty.

Pretty sure in 2000 the airbag warranty was "for the useful life of the car".

Old 10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
andreapdx
Unregistered

my SRS light is on as well but is a 95 honda accord. What does SRS stand for anyway?

Old 10-05-2009, 02:13 PM

Safety restraint system....

Ever heard of google.com?

Old 10-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Supplementary Restraint System. Even with a 95, I'd call a dealer & ask about warranty. "FOR THE USEFUL LIFE OF THE CAR." It wasn't until about 2006 or 2007 before Honda changed it to 15yr/150k-miles.

When I had a 95 Integra, it had "SRS" embossed into the dashboard above the glovebox, where the passenger airbag was. More than one person saw that & said they thought only Toyota had "SR5" version of their cars.

Last edited by JimBlake; 10-05-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Which yellow connector do I disconnect to re-set SRS system?