HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

F/S section suggestion...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Default F/S section suggestion...

This might be a repost, someone might have suggeted this before, i'm sorry if it is, but maybe to help prevent scams we should institute a new rule that would only allow users with +10 or more posts before they could post something for sale. Also, i dont know about you guys but it makes me mad when i see people posting stuff for sale, and their for sale post is their first post. That kinda makes it seem like they are just posting here for a quick sale and no long term committment, lol, kinda like a one night stand. I think we should not let them ***** HAF out, thats what ebay and craigslist is for. [sm=chairshot.gif]

This would also help with some trust aspects buying something sight unseen on HAF because you can be dealing with established people who others can vouch for.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Default RE: F/S section suggestion...

I don't know that it's been discussed but I've thought about it... not sure how hard it would be to implement.... That still doesn't stop any determined scam artist..

Old 12-18-2007, 08:12 PM

Yeah i understand, a determined scammer is hard to stop, but it would also prevent people just making an account to try to sell something because its free...

Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yeah it's been discussed, and it's super duper easy to do (even in ASP! )..

but as you say a determined scammer will stop at nothing.

I'd actually like to stay away from this model, but our "friends" over at gen7accord.net have a introduction period where you must post pics of your car, you and some other pertinent information before you become a registered member.
I'm afraid this might deter some people (as it did for me on their forums), but could also mean we have a real tight group of members.

thoughts?

Old 12-19-2007, 07:26 AM

i actually think that it would be a good idea, yes it may deter some potential members, but it would also make it a safer place. The post your picture section should conceled in a members only area so this won't look like myspace.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:23 PM

If someone is posting here just to sell stuff who cares if it deters them? I think it would be a great idea for people posting in the for sale section for this to happen: As soon as they start a new post in that thread the rules for posting an item for sale pop up. They must agree to having read the rules in order to post. If they then post without all the info, (having said they read it) the mods delete their post. No warnings, no 24 hours, no we need some pictures, just dump it with a PM explaining why. If they check that they do not agree they are not permitted to post under the items for sale section.