HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

Post Sort Order Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator
Default Post Sort Order Help

What has happened to the sort order for me!

Something has changed, I get oldest to newest and no matter what I try I can change the sort order.......PLEASE help.

Even the next thread and prev thread option at the bottom is gone?

EDIT: I'm done until we can get this sorted out......I can't keep resorting everytime, read a thread-again don't have the "next" button so I have to go back to the main section resort and go again.

PM me when it is corrected.

Last edited by poorman212; 04-28-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

YES that's annoying!
Hope it gets FIXED.

Click the column heading (sort by date).
Then click the heading AGAIN to reverse the sort order.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

I hope so too. I can get there, just makes it real slow. The part that makes it even worse is the fact that the "next" and "prev" thread buttons at the bottom of the post are gone too. So once I read something I have to do the sort all over again to get to the next thread........PA was having the same issue last night as well?

Ang-I read your post and got your e-mail. Again I find it hard that both PA and I "did something" at the same time. In your post, do you think the "attack" might have something to do with this.......I really understand G's pain now, sorry G wish I didn't.

BTW- it is still that way tonight? I wouldn't be near as upset if I at least had the "next button" at the end of a thread.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Zax

Its messed up for me too in the same way. The strange thing is the sorting appears to be alphabetical and the posts are displayed in alphabetical order as opposed to by date . but theres no option to change that sooooooooo .... I dunno

Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Zax,
Like I said, click on the column heading "last post" to sort by that column.

And... I also can't believe that it's "something we did" because it just happened to quite a few people all at the same time.

Moderators can't permanently change that type of behavior in the forum even if we tried.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Zax

Oh ,ok I see it now , i was looking at the bottom,duh!
Thanks

Old 04-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Zax

So , now the 'last post" button somehow disappeared, maybe Im just a dummy but somethings still off , everything is still indexed alphabetically and it seems to happen only at this site

Old 04-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, still not right, but clicking on the column heading will re-sort the list for me. I still get the last-post button. Most often I use the "first-new-post" button immediately to the left of each thread-title (that's still there too).

Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Administrator

See if your page comes up okay now on this HAF Suggestion thread now Scott.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Nope.....sorry stepped out for a bit. Let me try logging all the way out and coming back in.

Let you know in a few.

EDIT: No go. Still sorted by title.....sad thing is I'm starting to get use to it but it is still a real pain.

I changed the title so others might see this.

Last edited by poorman212; 04-28-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Post Sort Order Help