HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

Recommendations to Improve HAF

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default Recommendations to Improve HAF

Angelo,is it possible to implement the following?

1) When you click on a thread, have it open to the last page.
2) Before someone can post a thread with the following key words in it, have a pop-up that takes up the whole screen that says, "Did you search for this first?"

Key words: Intake, CAI, SRI, ???, Headers, Exhaust, Catback, Sparkplugs, power, HP, horsepower, torque, VTEC, vtech, V-TEC

3) Wordwrap for long web addresses
4) Picture dimension limit so it has to fit on the screen.

I think these would improve the forum tremendously.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Default RE: Recommendations to Improve HAF

Also, it would be a nice feature to have a general chat area ont eh main forum page like 6thgenaccord.com just to do the caily catch up and BS for those of us that are on here pretty much constantly (you all know you you are!)

Old 04-15-2008, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: finch13

Also, it would be a nice feature to have a general chat area ont eh main forum page like 6thgenaccord.com just to do the caily catch up and BS for those of us that are on here pretty much constantly (you all know you you are!)
Whoever would that be?

I think that is a good idea too. Maybe it would keep some of the post whoring down.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

ORIGINAL: finch13

Whoever would that be?

I think that is a good idea too. Maybe it would keep some of the post whoring down.
Uh oh falkore. Would this diminish your chances of getting P.H.O.T.Y. 2 years running?

Old 04-15-2008, 02:36 PM

I actually pretty surprised that Jon hasn't overtaken the title yet ..... I haven't really been postinga whole lot lately. Also, I've been spending time on tC sites also.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:58 PM

I been spending a little time on musclemag international forum and 6thgenaccord forum. And I've been actually working lately[&:]

Old 04-15-2008, 03:18 PM

1) When you click on a thread, have it open to the last page.
By this do you mean open to the page you were just on? If that's what you are looking for it may be a tad difficult but there is some adjustment to how that works in your profile settings...

2) Before someone can post a thread with the following key words in it, have a pop-up that takes up the whole screen that says, "Did you search for this first?"
Key words: Intake, CAI, SRI, ???, Headers, Exhaust, Catback, Sparkplugs, power, HP, horsepower, torque, VTEC, vtech, V-TEC
I highly doubt this would be possible if the forum is programmed the way I think it is.... Generally speaking forums create a post with a topic of RE: <TITLE> under the main post, in that situtation every time you clicked reply to one of those key words in a subject line it'd give you an annoying pop-up...

These last two would be nice but no idea if it's possible, once again depends on what the back-end of the forum looks like...
3) Wordwrap for long web addresses
4) Picture dimension limit so it has to fit on the screen.

Thanks for the suggestions though, Wheel can always kick them up to patrick if he thinks they're possible...

Old 04-15-2008, 03:47 PM

It's all possible actually, but might require some hacks on this old-BUTT ASP software here...

A *GREAT* example of the Thread Title is on AVSForum.com; when creating a new thread, after yo utype in a thread title it'll pop up a small table with threads related. It's really nice.

Also, with the reply note from sir_nasty, the fix for that is not to put that check on page load (which it most likely wouldn't be anyway) but rather associate it with the onKeyUp event handler in javascript. probably a 10-15 min hack-up in all.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 PM

LOL ..... I knew Spaz would know how to get it to work ..... by the last page, I mean if you click on "Storytime with Falkore," it opens up to page 12, or whatever it got up to.

As for the keywords, how many people that actually read about those things need to post a new thread on it? And all they have to do is click "Yes, I searched like a considerate member that isn't lazy and a waste of everyone else's time" ..... and "every time"? how many of these threads do you plan to post Nate?

Old 04-16-2008, 09:24 PM

I agree with #'s 3 & 4.

Quick Reply: Recommendations to Improve HAF