Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

03 6 speed advice (cai)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
jyoungl7
Unregistered
Default 03 6 speed advice (cai)

I a couple questions about putting and intake on my 03 v6 6speed with about 50k on the clock. I tried searching past posts but there doesnt' seem to be alot of info on the 7thgen. I am considering an AEM cai. A couple of install questions. Is removing the bumper required to mount the cai, and also , has anybody done this and had problems with the MAF or 02 sensors (check engine light). Also, anyone swaped in a set of NGK iridium plugs and if so was there a difference. Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Default RE: 03 6 speed advice (cai)

Yes you do have to remove the front bumper. its simple. my MAF is after the throttle body plate so i didnt have to do anything. but i did have to drill the pipe to fit the air temp gauge

Old 04-13-2007, 03:28 PM
jyoungl7
Unregistered

i didn't see an air temp gauge/sensor, but that doesn't mean that there isn't one, also could be different for a v6, Any one know if i would have to do any drilling/modifying to a AEM cai or sri for that matter. Thanks

Old 04-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

my god....are you serious? did you ever bother searching at all?

I just made a step-by-step installation guide for the 7th gen SRI. CAI is just another pipe added to that and installed in the front bumper area. You have an 03...for the 4 bangers there was no MAF and the little thing you refer as an o2 sensor is the air intake temperature sensor.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:04 AM

^ uh what are you talking about? he has a v6. It is different from your 4 banger.

To the original poster, I recommend doing a search on google if you cant find a diy on here.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:08 AM
jyoungl7
Unregistered

Yeah, i am deadBUTT** serious, if you would read the post you will see that i have a v6 and your guide is for your 4cyl, i also asked a question about spark plugs as well. For one, if you are going to dump on me you should at least be referring to the same car, just because your ride and my ride are both called accords doesn't mean that the vast and impressive knowledge you have compiled over your very wise 18 years of age is going to apply to my situation. i have a v6 coupe, manual, you have a 4cyl sedan AT, not to mention the fact that you didn't even install the same intake that i am talking about.I see you have headers for your ride, why don't you tell me how to do those on a 7th gen v6, I would love to hear that.I asked for some advice and not for ridicule from some punk kid that took an hour to install his SRI (yeah, i searched and read that too). This forum is so people can ask questions and share opinions, not to down other people or their questions. So Thank you in advance to anyone that has any help/or advice to offer, and to03sleeper,don't for get to fillup the tank before giving the keys back to mom.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:16 AM
jyoungl7
Unregistered

Stevent, thank you for the suggestion, i did find today (thanks to google)that i have to remove the wheel well for a CAI, still wondering about potental sensor/check engine light issues. Also would like to hear from anyone who has swapped plugs in their 7th gen v6 . Any one with a CAI and plug swap set up on a 03+ v6 i would love to hear from. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:41 AM

well if you install the cai correctly and if it throws sensor or check engine light, reset the ecu.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

my god....are you serious? did you ever bother searching at all?

I just made a step-by-step installation guide for the 7th gen SRI. CAI is just another pipe added to that and installed in the front bumper area. You have an 03...for the 4 bangers there was no MAF and the little thing you refer as an o2 sensor is the air intake temperature sensor.
Please make sure you read the post for if you make fun of someone it might just bite you on the butt..
THANKS for keeping it civil in here men>><<
WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-14-2007, 03:39 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

?

I wasn't trying to flame him? I was suggesting him to search the forum?

i have a v6 coupe, manual, you have a 4cyl sedan AT, not to mention the fact that you didn't even install the same intake that i am talking about.
Dude, the basics of an intake installation are roughly the same. Remove stock airbox, install aftermarket intake. Here's a guide of a V6 change of air filter. Instead of just changing the filter, you would pull the box out. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8089

I see you have headers for your ride, why don't you tell me how to do those on a 7th gen v6, I would love to hear that.I asked for some advice and not for ridicule from some punk kid that took an hour to install his SRI (yeah, i searched and read that too). This forum is so people can ask questions and share opinions, not to down other people or their questions.
Sure. 6 Cylinders have two headers (I believe) versus a single one for the 4 banger. Yeah it took an hour, so what? It was not garage kept and I didn't have any lubricant on hand. Of course, it's gonna take longer than expected. As when I said, "you have an 03....FOR the 4 bangers there was no MAF...etc." I was just giving you an example. You gotta read better man.

Here's AEM installation guide for the 6: http://aempower.com/images/products/21510.pdf

So Thank you in advance to anyone that has any help/or advice to offer, and to03sleeper,don't for get to fillup the tank before giving the keys back to mom.
Anyways, thanks for over-reacting...have a nice day. And try being a little less sensitive?

Quick Reply: 03 6 speed advice (cai)