Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   03 Honda Accord CAI (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/03-honda-accord-cai-23882/)

JimBlake 03-09-2009 02:42 PM

No, what I meant is that you can SEE the sensor. Several times I've posted a picture of the MAF sensor in the air filter housing. No need to guess. No need for someone to tell you. Just look for yourself.

J30_tuner 03-10-2009 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake (Post 159894)
No, what I meant is that you can SEE the sensor. Several times I've posted a picture of the MAF sensor in the air filter housing. No need to guess. No need for someone to tell you. Just look for yourself.

Wait your car is shutting off b/c of a MAF sensor error? That is not what is supposed to happen to the best of my knowledge. At most a tripped engine light, but a total shut down?:eek:

botang47 03-10-2009 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by J30_tuner (Post 160099)
Wait your car is shutting off b/c of a MAF sensor error? That is not what is supposed to happen to the best of my knowledge. At most a tripped engine light, but a total shut down?:eek:

i think he's right. the only the it should do is throw a cel. perhaps it was installed incorrectly?

03accordlx 03-11-2009 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by botang47 (Post 160102)
i think he's right. the only the it should do is throw a cel. perhaps it was installed incorrectly?

it was installed by a professional. check engine light would go on but when u go over 50 mph, the car would shut down.

J30_tuner 03-11-2009 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by 03accordlx (Post 160134)
it was installed by a professional. check engine light would go on but when u go over 50 mph, the car would shut down.

That's very odd, I used to have a 06 Civic Si and the thing to do was apparently to mess around with the vanes on the MAF.... long story short I f*cked it up royally. And for I dunno 15 miles I had to drive with no MAF, all I got was a tripped check engine.

But, mind you that was a K20Z and I'm not to familiar with the K24... so I'm not sure. Granted you should always use your MAF and keep it stock (and don't screw with the vanes ;) )... but having it miss mounted and/or disconnected shouldn't cause that much of an issue. Just saying from my knowledge that seems odd.

If I'm incorrect someone please correct me... this has become very interesting to me now.

Vipers4Life 03-11-2009 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by 03accordlx (Post 160134)

HAH! Some professional! LOL

botang47 03-11-2009 04:37 PM

this also sparks my curiosity.
i cant think of any sensors that would "tell" the ecu to shut off the engine

J30_tuner 03-11-2009 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by botang47 (Post 160226)
this also sparks my curiosity.
i cant think of any sensors that would "tell" the ecu to shut off the engine

That's what I was thinking, any sensor in current memory doesn't do that. I'm really interested... did the check engine ever trip?

And so you know. I'm not doubting it occurred, I just want to make sure you don't have anything else wrong with your car that could contribute to this issue. I wouldn't want something to be wrong that needs to be fixed. Just looking for out for you.

03accordlx 03-13-2009 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by J30_tuner (Post 160235)
That's what I was thinking, any sensor in current memory doesn't do that. I'm really interested... did the check engine ever trip?

And so you know. I'm not doubting it occurred, I just want to make sure you don't have anything else wrong with your car that could contribute to this issue. I wouldn't want something to be wrong that needs to be fixed. Just looking for out for you.

yeah check engine light went on and the car has no mechanical issues everything works fine.got an email response today from aem this is what the rep said "Unfortunately we don’t have an intake available for your application due to emission standards."