Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

08 Coupe SRI Question - Fujita Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Default 08 Coupe SRI Question - Fujita Intake

Just wondering if anyone has bought/installed the Fujita SRI for their 08 Coupe 4cyl and how they have liked it?

Just trying to get a feel for who Fujita is as a company. I have heard of K&N, AEM, and INJEN (of course) but I was interested in finding anything I could from people that have used Fujita intakes.

http://www.fujitaonline.com/Fujita_S..._p/sr-1930.htm

Old 03-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i have fujita, they're up and coming if not already here, i love mine, i have a cai however. i would think it'd be hard to screw up bending metal, and the filter is awesome. plus i believe every item comes with a nos drink, i highly reccomend fujita.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:20 PM

Fujita is a good brand, and considering they are the only company who has an SRI out on the market, it seems like your only option.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:08 AM

Yea I guess it is the only SRI that is avaliable for 08 so far. I just do not see the point in spending an extra $100+ for a CAI (i've read the sticky thread on cai vs. sri)

Anyway, how was installing the Fujita? Does it have all the necessary ports for the air temp sensor and crank case vent hose? Any CEL problems as well?

I'm new to doing any add-ons like this so I wanted to make sure I wasn't undertaking anything too serious. From what I have seen it doesn't seem to difficult....

Last edited by TheCelt16; 03-22-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by status
i would think it'd be hard to screw up bending metal
thats why an ebay one was good enough for me =]

Old 03-22-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by TheCelt16
Yea I guess it is the only SRI that is avaliable for 08 so far. I just do not see the point in spending an extra $100+ for a CAI (i've read the sticky thread on cai vs. sri)

Anyway, how was installing the Fujita? Does it have all the necessary ports for the air temp sensor and crank case vent hose? Any CEL problems as well?

I'm new to doing any add-ons like this so I wanted to make sure I wasn't undertaking anything too serious. From what I have seen it doesn't seem to difficult....
i was new too, my cai took me all of an hours work most of which was getting the bumper off, it really is easy as every one says it is, all my ports were they plus the one for my maf, do it youll enjoy it.

Originally Posted by botang47
thats why an ebay one was good enough for me =]
i would have gone this route but i have a maf so i was limited to buyin a fujita,
also hope you but better filter on that pipe.

Old 03-22-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by thecelt16
(i've read the sticky thread on cai vs. Sri)

thank you! Everyone seems to miss that!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:27 PM

Thanks for all the advice/help I am pretty sure I will be purchasing the Fujita within the next few days (once the paycheck comes).

One other question. Anyone seen any increase in fuel efficiency with the SRI or a CAI? Colder denser air (ie more oxygen) introduced into the engine, hotter more intense burn inside the cylinder, therefore car computer tells it to inject less fuel? Do I have any validity to this statement or am I completely wrong?

Old 03-24-2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by TheCelt16
Thanks for all the advice/help I am pretty sure I will be purchasing the Fujita within the next few days (once the paycheck comes).

One other question. Anyone seen any increase in fuel efficiency with the SRI or a CAI? Colder denser air (ie more oxygen) introduced into the engine, hotter more intense burn inside the cylinder, therefore car computer tells it to inject less fuel? Do I have any validity to this statement or am I completely wrong?
You're not wrong man, you're just reading what many ppl think. An SRI is mainly just for a deep badass sound (which is fine for me) and a CAI will add maybe +1-2 HP give or take. None of these give a significant boost by themselves but don't be discouraged to get one!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 PM

most people LOSE gas mileage once they get an intake because it becomes harder to resist pressing gas harder than you usually would.

dont fall into it

Quick Reply: 08 Coupe SRI Question - Fujita Intake