Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

88 Accord LXi stock

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Default 88 Accord LXi stock

I just bought an 88 Accord LXi stock. I will post pics if anyone wants to see anything on it.

My question is, what can I do to her right now without replacing the motor.

I would like to first start small and do intake, either short ram or cold air. I don't like where the stock filter is nor how she looks. Also I would like to do headers at one point. And after I am all done with just cleaning it up.

It needs a new cd player, new speakers. It seems to be an oil leak all over. The whole bottom end is covered in oil. I am thinking of right now just taking my car of engine cleaner and spray the whole bottom.

I would like to one day but an engine rebuild kit if they sell them. I would like to pull the motor and rebuild the whole inside if possible.

Can anyone give me any kind of ideas of anything cool to do? should I go threw the trouble of rebuilding it and putting strong parts in it? just swap it? or what?

i have looked around and I believe she has the A20 motor in her. it said A20 on the stamp. I have read that pretty much there is no too simple of swap without and fab being done. I was wondering am I best off leaving the A20 in it and rebuilding it or save up for a swap job? I have a few friends in town that love hondas all day all night. I could see if they would help me doing any work on it or if they know anyone good doing fab if need for any motor swap.

any insight would be great. thanks.

also I live in southern Cali.