Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

96 accord lx exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Default 96 accord lx exhaust sound

I have a 96 accord lx 5 speed. Is there anyways to get a good deep exhaust sound from it,without the traditional honda sound? (crackline,farting,bumble bee) I just got this car,my camry had a 4:1 header, 2 1/2 exhaust,no cat,etc etc,so is there anyway to get the car to sound good without sounding like a bumble bee?

Old 03-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Default RE: 96 accord lx exhaust sound

Well, from my understanding, the bigger the muffler cannister the deeper the sound will be. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong) I just got an apexi WS2 and it's really deep and not very loud or ricey. I posted some pictures on another thread if you want to see how big it is.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

tom you are absolutely right

Old 03-12-2006, 02:25 AM

Before I went turbo I had some 4-2-1 headers, high flow cat, and hks exhaust. Not very ricey at all. Nice deep tone. I also had done my intake (AEM V2 of course) which helped with sound.

I was scared that I would sound like some poser civic kid, but I was pleasently surprised when I got things welded up.

Old 03-12-2006, 05:40 AM

well the thing with n/a you get more intake roar then exaust. Turbo piping gets rid of the intake roar but you get that sound that we all know and love..... especially when the guy youre racing hears the first shift..... and they realize what they are up against ^_^

Old 04-06-2006, 05:59 PM

hello everyone Since you're talking about exhaust I wanted to ask: what can I do about my loud exaust? i have a dual tip cat back exhaust system and it has been on my car for a year. What can i do to make it sound softer? The sound has seemed like it has gotten louder and things are starting to vibrate inside the car. Any help would be appreciated.. I thought about silencers but I have found out that they take away horse power and I don't want that to happen. Thanx for your time. Breeze

Old 04-06-2006, 10:45 PM

Yeah, the silencer is going to restrict air flow a little at the high end and take away a little horsepower. You may see a tiny bit of low end torque come back too. As far as an alternative that doesn't take away from performance, I'd think a new, quiter muffler may do the job.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:47 AM

I know this post was posted up a long time ago but I finally will have the money to do something with my exhaust. I need some suggestions on what I should do. I have a dual tip stainless steel custom exhaust, cat/back that has a very deep nice sound but it is too loud!! I tried wielding on a middle muffler so that it would quiet it and it did a little but not enough. I now want to get a different muffler but I love the dual tip because it fits perfectly into the slot that is cut into the back bumper of my car. I still want the deep sound but I don't want to have such a noise problem. PLEASE ANYONE!!! HELP ME!! I have to get this fixed once and for all. I want to keep the performance gain but get rid of the loud hum.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!! Breeze

Old 07-30-2006, 05:45 AM

get the same muffler mbo has......itll sound good.

Old 07-30-2006, 12:06 PM

It's an HKS muffler with dual tips. Fits my exhuast bumper cut out perfectly too. Doesn't sound raspy, just deep. It is a lot louder than stock, but it's also a lot quiter than most modded hondas out there.

Quick Reply: 96 accord lx exhaust sound