Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Accord needs more get up and go.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Default Accord needs more get up and go.

Hey guys, so me and this kid at school have been talkin smack about whos car will win in a race. Hes been telling everyone that iv been "chickening out" but iv been the one texting him and asking when we will and he keeps making excuses. Ok so anyways I have a 2000 honda accord v6 ex sedan with a AEM Short Ram intake and i got subs so it is a little heavier then a stock one. But the kid has a 98 buick Regal GS he has 240hp and its supercharged, he has no mods in it. So idk if my Accord will be able to take his Buick. im looking to add some more power to my Accord. I make $7.50 an hour and i usually get around 13 hours a week. I was thinking about getting some Bosch platinum +4 spark plugs. iv read that they will boost my compression in the cyclinders and add Horsepower and mpg. I run 87 octane in my car i heard it will help if i run better octane and what not. but anyways im looking for "cheap" cheap as in like name brand but doesn't cost to much and WILL add power. iv been thinking also about a throttle body spacer. I could use your guys help on this one thanks.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

I hate to tell you but you are in trouble. The Buick runs low 15s stock where as your Accord will run low 16s stock in the 1/4 mile. It takes a lot more than an intake and better spark plugs to take a second off your 1/4 mile time.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Supper Moderator

Well his regale will own your v6. Sadly the accord 4cyls are faster than the v6's b/c of the shorter gears. Bosch....umm no hondas DO NOT like bosch plugs AT ALL. Also they WILL NOT give you any more compression. Compression comes from when the engine head is closer to the engine block so the pistons come closer to the valves...so the spark plugs WILL NOT do that for you...come one think about it. The only way you will beat him is with a trans swap for a 6 speed from the 05+ accords and or acura. Good cam regrind...a custom set of hearers and a full exhaust with a tuned ecu... On your budget you can forget about it. Just take the loss and call it a day...cus you will spend more money on your car to beat him than just buying a older lighter honda and doing a engine swap and spanking him down the street. For 3-4k you can have a beast of a honda if done right and you will be owing 5.0 mustangs cameros ect. ect. ect.

Last edited by g22cd5; 05-15-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:36 PM

well i ran into him lastnight and... The Land Shark(my accord) pullled away from him. he was behind me and we where going 60 down this road and he turned beside me to pass me and when i saw him do that i waited for him to get a little closer to me and i put my foot in it. I looked in my side mirror and i saw that he was catching me a little and i was like damnit im about to get smoked but then i noticed we where at a stand still then i started pulling a head i was so pumped man you guys dont even know it. Because the kid was talkin so much smack like how his car was better then mine. He says his car is having trouble shifting at full throttle that could be true but the kid lies so much so i bet he was making up excuses because he texted me after and like "man my car isnt as fast as it use to me" So i dont care im taking it as a win Supercharged buick < VTEC

Old 05-29-2011, 09:07 PM

Good for you, bad for him because he has 40 more hp and 80ft/lb more but also weight around 200 pounds more.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Newest Of Newbies

if your wanting more power for cheap prices brand name stuff get a nice catback exhaust system theres a exhaust called tsudo on ebay doesnt sound to bad when matched up with a set of headers i installed a set of obx headers with the tsudo catback on a 02 and it sounds great could probably start there and work your way up to a blox throttle body. and i agree bosch plugs arent the best get magnacore or ngk