Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

air-fuel mods? and urethane Buddy Club 2 body kit for 4door?/ Opinions on Duraflex.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 PM
GIN_HISA
Unregistered
Default air-fuel mods? and urethane Buddy Club 2 body kit for 4door?/ Opinions on Duraflex.

Ok, first things first. I have a 99 LXAutomatic with the 2.3L 4cyl/ F23.

I have installed an AEM Brute Forcecold air intake and I am getting ready to install athrottle body spacer, NGK Iridium Plugs & HI-PO wires, Okada Projects spark booster, JET computer upgrade kit,DC headers and Apexi cat back exhaust. Should I upgrade anything on my fuel system and if so what first? or will the stock stuff be alright for these little mods?

Also does anyone know if the Buddy Club 2 body kit for a 994 door is made in urethane by anyone? Or what is everyones experience with Duraflex? Is it as good as they make it out to be?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: air-fuel mods. and urethane BC2>4door?

No fuel mods are necessary. An air-fuel controller would allow tuning, but the gains aren't that big .... the biggest gain from the V-AFC is the V ...... the controller reconfigures how VTEC engages and when tuned right, it can make the car respond quicker and improve performance.

For example, my VTEC engages at 3200 rpm with normal conditions and without stomping on the pedal. It disengages at 2800. If I hit the gas more than 65% VTEC kicks in immediately (the wide fuel map takes care of the low rpms). If I am driving up a steep hill and the intake vacuum drops to -0.6 psi VTEC engages.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:17 PM

Throttle body spacer? I haven't though of that one. You just gave me an idea. Im also doing small mods myself. So far only short ram intake and exhaust. The rest is audio and interior mods. Asfar as theair-fuel controller goes...itslike falkore said. The gains wont be significant.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:59 PM

TB spacer is only good as a place to drill a wet nitrous nozzle into. I have it and it does nothing but make a wind noise. I initially got it for nitrous, but so far haven't gotten around to buying the spray kit. If Velocifero is around, he was planning on dyno'ing with and without his spacer to prove any gains or not before he removed his.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Put all the mods on before you do the JET upgrade. Then let us know if the JET does anything! I have only heard of 1 guy (over on another forum) that got the JET ECU reflash. He said he felt it, but the dyno said otherwise.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:10 PM

Jon .... you know as well as anyone that peak numbers don't mean much ..... look at the Neon SRT-4. A measley 230 HP ..... seems like a 7th gen V6 should be a good race with its 240 HP J32 right ..... try again! The SRT-4 has 250ft.lbs. of torque!!!!

This is still looking at peak values though ...... looking at either curve, if you have the same peak, but one goes higher at the lower rpms, that is the more powerful engine.