Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

air intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Default air intake

how much would cold air intake cost??
and how much hp would it add to my 03 honda accord ex 4cyliner auto?

Old 05-13-2007, 03:01 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: air intake

Check eBay
5-8 hp

Old 05-14-2007, 10:00 AM

my intake was like $40 shipped off ebay, but make sure you replace the ebay filter with either an AEM dryflow($45 at Advanced Auto Parts, which I bought) or a K&N filter(~~you have to oil this one). so altogether I paid about $90 for the intake and then new filter. it will add most likely5-10 hp, mayb a lil more if your lucky lol

Old 05-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

CAI: 5-8. Closer to the 5 if you have a 4 cylinder auto.

The 10 estimate is for if you have a 6 cylinder...they benefit more from breathing better.

Nonetheless, get the CAI...it's the first step and arguably easiest step to modding your ride.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:49 AM

I second the ebay idea, however, i found this site that has specials on random parts, i forget what the site was but they had AEM cai's for integras and civics for about $120 or $130! But ebay is cheaper and they work just as good but you are not going to get as good of quality as you would with AEM or something else

Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 AM

u dont really need and air intake for more power u can just get anair filer and slam it on if it fix ur car but u have more power if u got an cold air intake but it not good for rain

Old 05-15-2007, 01:59 PM

correct me if i'm wrong but the aluminum piping stays cooler, or something like that compared to the regular plastic piping from the stock one. Plus, the intakes look cooler, and they do add more power and they are smoother. As far as the water getting in the cai, it's not going to do that much unless you drive into a HUGE puddle, and i mean huge, and submerse the entire thing. Also, you can get a bypass valve for your cai, that way you don't have to worry about your engine ever locking up. There are many people on here that do not have bypass valves with their cai's and they have been fine, but the bypass valve just gives you added insurance.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:40 PM

^ Correct

You need to fully submerge your cone filter for any chance of hydrolock...I dunno about you, but that's a good 3-4" off the ground. Unless there's a friggin tsunami, you should be fine. The worst rainstorms only get 2" rain here and I live next to Inner Harbor, baltimore.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Eh....I wouldnt want the filter getting wet at all. Mine has, so I filled all the gaps I could find such as the headlights w/ clear RTV. Here is why I think any amount of water is bad....

When you remvoe your OEM intake, you'll notice a chamber that is about 1 foot away from the intake manifold and the chamber goes down into another horizontal tube that is close off. The point for that is to catch any moisutre or water in the intake piping. I dont think they would waster their time molding that into the intake piping for nothing. Just my opinion

Old 05-15-2007, 10:50 PM

only if they could do that with alumnium....

Quick Reply: air intake