Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Anyone else add dual mufflers to your 4 banger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 11:02 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Anyone else add dual mufflers to your 4 banger?

Cheap too . . but 4 1/2 hours of work. I bought a dual setup from a pick and pull. It was a 4 door Sedan with turn downs. I paid $34 for the two mufflers and pipes associated. I bought three adapters and two tips. So total investment was about $65. Here's how it went . . .

Old 04-17-2019, 03:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

reuse these

rebend them

like this

weld in the rear. The spot is already there.

I reused the 4 banger center mount, just because

Old 04-17-2019, 09:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies

M

Sprayed some white to protect the welds,

Supporting back of the mufflers was a bit more difficult. I had some Mustang hangers that I cut and used. Some bent round stock would have sufficed.

Welded a pipe adapter to the muffler, cut off the turn down ( from Sedan ). The adapter allowed the stainless tip to fit.

Another adapter to connect the y-pipe to the existing exhaust pipe.

Sprayed all the pipe black. The cutout on the left side of the bumper cover was removed for the other pipe to exit. All done.

ore . .

Old 04-17-2019, 09:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies

The stock single exhaust uses two supported areas. The dual uses four. I used five It's a shame they don't share some of the hangers, shame on Honda. The two hook hanger that was stock, I removed and reused. I rebent them to work at the back of the exhaust/muffler exit. There is a place on the frame rail where the dual mufflers would attach. I welded the hooks there. I painted the welds. I used the center support that the single exhaust had. I didn't have to, but I had it so . . . For the front of the mufflers, I used some old Fox Mustang hooks I had. Cut and welded them. Some round steel would work, not hard to find. I cut the factory turn downs off the mufflers, since I got this used system from a Sedan. Adapters then the stainless tips. Used an adapter from the y-pipe to the factory exhaust pipe coming down the center of the car, there is a difference in size. So the adapter took care of that. Painted everything, 4 1/2 hours, about $65 . . and in my opinion, looks much much better. More like a Couple should look . . but still 4 banger MPGs! It's a 5 speed car, no looks the part. No rattles, everything is perfect. Give it a try. Also . .there are more pics, posted, waiting on approval.

Last edited by PetesPonies; 04-17-2019 at 09:54 PM.