Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Apexi WS2

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:57 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Apexi WS2

Well as you all know, I ahve the Apexi WS2 and I dont think it is loud enough. So after noticing the screen metal gaurd in the actual muffler I decided to drill it out and maybe it would be a little louder. The metal gaurd is doing the exact same thing as a silencer anyways. So I shine my flashlight in there and notice all the holes are plugged with a black stuff which dad and I thought was fiberglass but oh well!

Anyways, I bought a 12' extenonsion and a 12' drill bit for metal and I only have an inch or two to spare! So I began nervously drilling away at the gaurd and had about 5 holes in there. I started her up, and it sounds the exact same. So I stuck my drill in there again and noticed that there is another piece of metal ab out 1/2 to 1 inch behind the gaurd that I just drilled out. So isnt the WS2 muffler a straight through design? If so, I should be able to drill through the next piece of metal and not have to worry about drilling out the muffler or piping. I tried it a bit and it seems thicker than the gaurd I just drilled out.

Do they have a not so straight throguh design? Is it okay to drill out that metal?

I am assuming the muffler is like:
(Inlet) 0 I I 0 ---->
with the I's being the two screen gaurds.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Apexi WS2

couldnt you ask the mfgr for a cut sheet of it? i diagram may help before you totally chew it up...

not that i havent done stuff like that before.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Good thinking...thank goodness for other members! hehe
I just hate waiting for replies from manufacturers[:'(]

Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 PM

np. when in doubt, ask for help from those who made it!

Old 07-15-2007, 10:15 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Grrr, they dont have an e-mail address and they are closed right now.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:21 PM

prolly better they dont have email...better to speak with a real person.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:12 PM
jphockey
Unregistered

the n1 is straight ws2 is chambered.
but yeah talk to apexi before modifying their product. they could tell you more than any of us.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 PM

hey accord, so the APEXi WS2 Exhaust is not that loud? But does it give you a boost in performance? How much did you get it for and where? Any suggestion of places that i can get them for cheap in priceand not Piece of crap on ebay?

Old 07-20-2007, 12:54 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Nope its not loud at all, I can only hear it at startup and I cant hear it over my intake.. It did give me a nice boost in performance, although I put on my header and WS2 at the same time.

I got it for $430 off eBay
Theres other places to get it though, but I found eBay to be the cheapest at the time. Usually no matter where you get it, shipping will be near $100 bucks.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:46 PM

oh nice thanks

Quick Reply: Apexi WS2