Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

CAI question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Default CAI question

Hey everyone!!! i m the new member in this forum. you can say that i m another crazy fun of honda accord. I have honda accord 95 ex. i used to have regular SRI and now i changed it to jdm CAI with AEM bypass valve. I m just wondering if i could run my car under the rain with my CAI? i dun wanna mess up my engine so yea. has anyone got a ticket before for the headlight for halo black housing light? man i got pulled over becuz of that. bs.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Default RE: CAI question

Yes you can run in the rain with your CAI. Even without the bypass valve CAI do not have the evil water sucking problem people would think. YOu would have to submerge the filter to the point the neck of the tube comes into contact with water before it will start sucking up water. And most people don't drive through standing water a foot high for extended periods. I ran with a CAI for years without a valve and even managed to dive through 'puddles' that had water sloshing over the hood.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 PM

No worries , i had a CAI for a year w/ out bypass and had no problem.. Even w/ out ur prlly ok like Shadow said .. but with it u dont have anything to worry about !!

Old 04-12-2007, 01:04 AM

YeahI live in Seattle and it rains a lot here, I've had my CAI for about half a year andI've hadno problems at all.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:34 AM

yea i got some HP gained. KOOL!!!! now i m thinkin about CHIPPING MY ECU. this guy suggests me to do that so that i can gain some HP. should i do that?

Old 04-17-2007, 03:48 PM

I wouldn't do that if you still have other upgrades you want to do. What a good chip reflash will do is remove some of the factory restrictions and take advantage of what your new parts can offer. It can definitely open up some more power for you adn maximize the power gains from other upgrades. But the effectiveness of a reflash is dependent on how much else you have changed, the less changes you've made the less of a gain you'll see from the new chip. Also any parts added after the reflash won't be able to reach their best cause the chip wasn't programmed with them in mind.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:01 AM

Thx for the answer. What should i do to get more HP for my honda accord 94 ex.?

Old 04-18-2007, 06:16 PM

Depends on how much time and money you want to spend. Some good realtively cheap and fast are your intake, exhaust headers, larger exhaust, better cat. After that to really get more power you'll have to start modifying the engine internals, like cam gears, shafts, pistons, head, injectors, pumps, iginition. Then you get the big pieces, like turbos/superchargers, specialty engine parts, specialized electronics etc.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:24 PM

Shadow1992, sorry, I just have to say that I just noticed you're carmodifications... holy shizzle!That thing must fly! What's it like?And how muchdo you thinkyou spent onyour car?

Old 04-19-2007, 07:22 PM

um on your reply on the halos. each state differs but it also depends on how much power you have in your halos. i have a very light blue on mine and is noticible but not oulandish, but i have seen halos that have bee extremely bright and was about as bright as lookin at the headlight directly, but anyways(sorry bout the tangent) it all depends on your state. that sucks you got pulled over, the cop musta had a bad day

Quick Reply: CAI question