Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

CAI or SRI

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Default CAI or SRI

which do you think is better? and what brands? and i've heard both sides about hyrdolock. and while i would like the more power from CAIi dont want to mess up my engine. im kinda leaning towards SRI for now cause its cheaper. i saw a weapon R SRI that said it added 7 hp. anyone know if thats real or not?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Default RE: CAI or SRI

look bro technically u choose ur own way..they both have about the same amount of pros and cons...its kinda like askin which is better....oranges or mandarin oranges..ya kno...one is just a larger version of the other with just a slight difference...same with the SRI and CAI the CAI is just a longer version of the SRI only diff is like u said likelihood of hydrolock and larger performance gains..also MPG decreases slightly maybe about 15% das bout it...where as the SRI pulls in warmer air which really cant be negated so ur stuck with the warmer air...gives u better MPG than ur stock intake since its warmer air..and also its a whole lot less work to install...just has about half the performance of a CAI...throttle response increases tho and so does noise...so its ur choice...i have a SRI and im completely happy with it...sounds very sexy...low mean growl....now as for the SRI increasing HP yea thats about true somewhere from 6 to 10 hp where as the CAI is about 15 to 20 so yea its ur choice...

CAI-harder on the pocket yet very worth it

SRI- easy on the pocket yet u get what you pay for

Old 12-24-2008, 12:22 AM

alright, thanks man

Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 AM

no prollem

Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: AccordLXMaster

look bro technically u choose ur own way..they both have about the same amount of pros and cons...its kinda like askin which is better....oranges or mandarin oranges..ya kno...one is just a larger version of the other with just a slight difference...same with the SRI and CAI the CAI is just a longer version of the SRI only diff is like u said likelihood of hydrolock and larger performance gains..also MPG decreases slightly maybe about 15% das bout it...where as the SRI pulls in warmer air which really cant be negated so ur stuck with the warmer air...gives u better MPG than ur stock intake since its warmer air..and also its a whole lot less work to install...just has about half the performance of a CAI...throttle response increases tho and so does noise...so its ur choice...i have a SRI and im completely happy with it...sounds very sexy...low mean growl....now as for the SRI increasing HP yea thats about true somewhere from 6 to 10 hp where as the CAI is about 15 to 20 so yea its ur choice...

CAI-harder on the pocket yet very worth it

SRI- easy on the pocket yet u get what you pay for
^What???

Anyways,Since your worried about getting water sucked into your CAI,i would highly recommend you get a short ram.Due to the fact that it makes minimal so to speak cheap gain and not that difficult to install.Top intake brand are K&N,AEM,INJEN..etc...Also dont pay attention to the advertised MPG gains,and exagerated HP gains.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:34 AM

yea, i think im just gonna go with an SRI for now.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:36 AM

^What???

Anyways,Since your worried about getting water sucked into your CAI,i would highly recommend you get a short ram.Due to the fact that it makes minimal so to speak cheap gain and not that difficult to install.Top intake brand are K&N,AEM,INJEN..etc...Also dont pay attention to the advertised MPG gains,and exagerated HP gains.

what chu mean what??...was that wrong info?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 AM

6 to 10. 15 to 20. HP gain.

I personally know people that have I/H/E and just barely made 20 HP...So try and check your information before you post next time.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:58 AM

i actually did...i just didnt happen to know the people that you personally know!!....and i mostly hear from most people that they get about 8 or 9 hp from SRI its actually common from what ive seen...now as far as the CAI never said 20 was common jus that it is possible to reach it..thats all im sayin...

Old 12-24-2008, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: AccordLXMaster

i actually did...i just didnt happen to know the people that you personally know!!....and i mostly hear from most people that they get about 8 or 9 hp from SRI its actually common from what ive seen...now as far as the CAI never said 20 was common jus that it is possible to reach it..thats all im sayin...
Adjust that to about 3-4 HP for SRI and 4-5 HP for CAI. SRI pulls about 1 ft.lb. more torque in exchange for the 1HP.

Quick Reply: CAI or SRI