Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:08 PM
kim1724
Unregistered
Default CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

HI, I AM NEW HERE. MY NAME IS KIM. I OWN A 2007 HONDA ACCORD EX-L V6 6 SPEED. I HAVE THE SEDAN. I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNEW WHERE I COULD FIND AN AFTER MARKET DUAL EXHUST SYTEM FOR MY CAR. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING EVERY WHERE AND CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ONE. I HAVE THE SEDAN AND THE ONES I FIND ARE FOR COUPES OR OLDER GENERATIONS. THIS SEARCH IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Old 07-13-2007, 12:18 PM
kim1724
Unregistered
Default RE: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

ANYONE?

Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 PM

it often times takes a while for reasearch teams to develop a system, at times with the release of a new generation they will also wait for the next one to come out so they can ensure that they span a few different years of vehicles. Sometimes calling a reputable company like Apexi and asking them if they are going to release them will give you a lot of information and insite into what their plans are

Old 07-13-2007, 12:32 PM

go to a muffler shop and you can have one custom made for your car

Old 07-13-2007, 01:12 PM

^great idea... just buy the mufflers and have the piping custom made, it costs about the same and might provide a better fit and look. Plus the term custom exhaust sounds cool. People ask, hey what kind of cat back is that? you can say, I had it custom made for me.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Almost A Senior Member

yup. get them to run you 2.5" mandrel bent pipe, [remove the third cat (resonator)--if your state doesnt have emissions checks that is], from the second cat-back to the mufflers...you can get pretty much whatever you want...maybe look into a shop that has universal borla mufflers or magnaflow, hell even flowmaster....it'll still give you more flow and sound good....if you go to a good place they'll pick the inlet and outlet diameters you need too...

Old 07-14-2007, 10:31 PM

If you're going custom try and provide us an estimate. Just curious.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

have you checked all years of the generation?

Old 07-24-2007, 09:49 PM

dude.. i own the same 2006 accord v6 6speed seedan. there is a kit for our cars. you will never find it advertised but you can get it... here's the deets (as ricky gervais manager on the show extras would say)

magnaflow catback system
part number 15800

two problems in my opinion.

1) it is only a 2.25 inch system, i truly believe in 2.5 or bigger. bigger is better
2) it is a turndown kit. i think our accords look dope with the tips on the mufflers now. i suppose you could cut them off and put on tips, but that is never a sure thing. you can find them on EBAY for around $600 plus shipping.

update!!! comptech is up and running again. i just ordered a short throw kit and a bigger swaybar. they say they're working on a kit forour rides, but no ETA. any other ideas i am open to them

Old 07-25-2007, 01:43 AM

i thought that if you go too big on the exhaust especially since you have dual exhaust that youll lose too much backpressure thus losing torque?

Quick Reply: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?