Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Cat-back advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Default Cat-back advice

I'm about to get a cat back exhaust for my 2001 accord AT 4 banger and I could really use some advice on what to get. I'm shooting to spend around 500 dollars. I'm primarily interested in a quiet exhaust with good performance. I've been looking into the greddy evo2 exhaust and the apexi WS. Are these good choices? Any help is definitely appreciated. (Right now the only mod I have is an AEM short ram)

Oh, and if there is an exhaust thats cheaper thats really nice I have no problem with that, or one thats loud that is really awesome I can just throw a silencer on it.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Cat-back advice

in some cases....more noise can equal more power. if your going after maximum power...raspy is the way to go. it doesnt matter how many silencers it has on it though its going to sound bad.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:50 PM

I was considering the Apexi WS2 because of its pipe coating and sound, but will the performance be alot worse or like 1 or 2 hp difference?

Old 02-12-2006, 10:52 PM

you would maybe see a one horsepower difference over any other exhaust. the world sport looks like it would sound pretty good too.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:58 PM

I appreciate the help. I'll probably go with the WS2 then and see how it goes.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: lightshow

you would maybe see a one horsepower difference over any other exhaust. the world sport looks like it would sound pretty good too.

For what it's worth I agree. After months of research the Apexi products appear to be the quietest best performing around but you pay the price ($). This is the way I'll go when I can pay the price!

Old 02-20-2006, 12:42 AM

Yeah, the price was steep for what I can afford (about $470), but I'm certainly looking forward to it. I plan on picking it up and installing it tomorrow as long as it gets here on time. I'll tell you how it goes.

Also, a quick question for you texas, how do you like you DC SS header? I've been considering getting one later on, but I've heard that it may be a good idea to do cam work and what not to justify the increase piping size of the new header. I could always just get the juice .

Old 02-20-2006, 02:20 PM

i know the question isnt directed at me but i have a dc header and youll notice the difference as soon as you put it on even without any other work done on the car. an adjustible cam gear or different cam grind....thats helps to scavenge the combustion chamber better is really noticable with a header and full exhaust.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:46 PM

Thanks for the reply. It's looking like I'll be working two jobs this summer. I'm debating between staying n/a or buying a turbo. I'd perfer doing a DIY job for the turbo and paying a hell of a lot less, but I'm not that knowledgable yet and the turbonetics kit with the best ball bearing and an intercooler is 3400. Plus, getting it installed and maybe regrinding the cams for boost. As far as staying n/a, I'd probably get the dc ss header, high flow cat, a new cam gear and regrind, and a 50 shot.
Sorry for all that off topic stuff. As far as the install goes, UPS has stiffed me on shipping time so, I won't be able to post up info on the new exhaust until later this weekend.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:36 PM

its all good.. if you do, do the turbo i can help out a little bit. you dont need to go with a ball bearing or anything that fancy. a 2g eclipse turbo will suit you just fine. you can easily turbo your car for under 1500 bucks

Quick Reply: Cat-back advice