Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Ceramic or Stainless?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Default Ceramic or Stainless?

Which one is better? what is thepos and neg about both?

I hear that with ceramic it keep the heat out but will get rust
Stainless will not be rush but instead give more heat which is bad for the intake because it suck in more hot air

Oh and also if i was to get one of those do i still have to put my heat shield back?

Old 08-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Default RE: Ceramic or Stainless?

not this question again...ok ill make it simple. i used to have ceramic and i went with stainless so it wont rust since i live in the northeast. it doesnt get that much hotter under the hood i noticed. i wanted more reliability so i chose that, looks nice too.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:31 PM

when shopping for ls1 camaro upgrades i learned the differences. ceramic is usually less expensive than stainless... however ceramic, in therory, will keep the heat in. not to keep engine-bay or intaketemps down, rather to keep the exhaust gasses hot. hot air moved easier, its less dense than colder air. i would go stainless. i think it looks cooler and 1/2hp difference in 1/2 the recorded applications isnt proof to me that ceramic flows better.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:54 PM

hey Velo in your pic you didnt put the heat shield back is that ok to the intake.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: badxdawgx818

hey Velo in your pic you didnt put the heat shield back is that ok to the intake.
well two things dont make that work. one, theres no where for the heatshield to bolt on to. and two, it simply wouldnt fit.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:44 AM

oh al rihgt
i was thinking of gettting the OBX header and the Apex exhaust i hope that it fit cause i dont like to mix thing to gether

Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 AM

i love it when someone asks this question, i think i learn something new everytime

Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

ORIGINAL: badxdawgx818

well two things dont make that work. one, theres no where for the heatshield to bolt on to. and two, it simply wouldnt fit.
i think it looks better w/o the heatshield... plus i seriously doubt it makes any differnce in temp. the heat shield may cool off quicker but while driving, i bet its just as hot as the manifold or header itself.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 AM

As velocifero said: the heat shield wouldn't fit over the header even if you wanted to put it back on, also thereis nowhere to bolt it to.
OBX Headers will work with Apexi exhaust. 19Accord97 has bothon his car.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:00 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

As velocifero said: the heat shield wouldn't fit over the header even if you wanted to put it back on, also thereis nowhere to bolt it to.
OBX Headers will work with Apexi exhaust. 19Accord97 has bothon his car.
^Good memory man! [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

As 00AccordLX5spd stated, I have both on my car. They work flawlessly. Go to the search and type "OBX Header Facts" youll find alot on info about OBX headers. Let me know if you have anyquestions. I would recommend OBX myself.

Quick Reply: Ceramic or Stainless?