Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Cold Air Intake? (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/cold-air-intake-22964/)

Sweagle02 01-16-2009 07:01 PM

Cold Air Intake?

Would a cold air intake make and real HP difference on my '02 Accord 4cyl Sedan? I'm not asking for 500 HP but something significant and a nice growl. Suggestions? Recommendations?

popejoshpope 01-16-2009 11:50 PM

RE: Cold Air Intake?

A K&N will easily give you 200hp[sm=smiley31.gif].....Injen, Weapon-r, AEM are all good brands

Sweagle02 01-17-2009 12:04 AM

ORIGINAL: popejoshpope

A K&N will easily give you 200hp[sm=smiley31.gif].....Injen, Weapon-r, AEM are all good brands
I din't think they make K&N for an '02 4cyl and your exaggerating about the hp right..

03Sleeper 01-17-2009 01:09 AM

CAI nets you a modest 3-5HP...especially since you have a 4 banger. SRI is a bit better throttle response (less tubing for air to travel through) and a bit more torquey. I like the look of the SRI and I'm a torque guy.

Sweagle02 01-17-2009 01:17 AM

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

CAI nets you a modest 3-5HP...especially since you have a 4 banger. SRI is a bit better throttle response (less tubing for air to travel through) and a bit more torquey. I like the look of the SRI and I'm a torque guy.
Awesome response man. Thanks! I was leaning toward a SRI anyway... Injen or AEM? What does the maintenance on a SRI require? I heard something about synthetic oil instead of conventional?

Sweagle02 01-17-2009 02:44 AM

I couldn't wait! I ended up ordering an Injen Short Ram Intake a few minutes ago. I kno i kno guys, my car won't get anything out of it but i know it won't take off so slow anymore and I'm not into speed so this will work fine for me. Thanks so much for all your help!

xpieceofcralpx 01-17-2009 03:45 PM

Awesome response man. Thanks! I was leaning toward a SRI anyway... Injen or AEM? What does the maintenance on a SRI require? I heard something about synthetic oil instead of conventional?
oil? are you talking about the filter? well i know if you have gotten the AEM with the dryflow filter, it doesn't need to be oiled..not to sure about the injen one

WheelBrokerAng 01-17-2009 08:49 PM

someone ought to look at the top of the forum where the K&N sponsor link is located ...whooooo nelly:eek:

Sweagle02 01-17-2009 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

someone ought to look at the top of the forum where the K&N sponsor link is located ...whooooo nelly:eek:
Unfortunately K&N don't make intakes for my accord..

cjdm98 01-18-2009 12:27 AM

Ebay pipe+K&N Filter=Muy Bueno y Mas barato.;)