Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Cold air intake questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Default RE: Cold air intake questions

I live on the gulfcoast aka bottom of mississippi.I have some questions. Does the exhaust have its own sound or is it the intake. I watched ur vid accords own and the sound is nice as well.and what is a maf sensor, forgive me for not knowing and.. How much is a fujita?v2?

Old 11-02-2007, 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: bssmagik83

also mine came with a bottle of NOS energy drink!!!!!![sm=alcoholic.gif]
same here! it is still in my fridge...im saving it for a huge party next weekend.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: AxCxCxOxRxD

I live on the gulfcoast aka bottom of mississippi.I have some questions. Does the exhaust have its own sound or is it the intake. I watched ur vid accords own and the sound is nice as well.and what is a maf sensor, forgive me for not knowing and.. How much is a fujita?v2?
exhaust and intake are seperate sounds. i only have my exhaust installed in my vid. my intake is much louder than my exhaust though. A mass airflow sensor is used to determine the mass of air entering an electronically fuel-injected engine, and it is located on the intake tube. if it is not plugged in, your car wont run. here is a pic of where it would be located on your intake: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/upf...B1E873221D.jpg...pop your hood and check if you have one.

EDIT: my FujitaCAI was around $220 (including shipping) cuz there was a $20 mail-in-rebate with it. not sure about the V2, but i think its closer to $300.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

That's a pretty critical image imo, it really points out to ppl what a MAF looks like on the 6/7th gens.

Anyway, I'm no mechanic, but I'm sure you're fine and safe from hydrolock... We get bad rains here in Texas too, some that fill the streets in some places (hey, we dont' have many hills), so I understand your concern... But afaik, you have to actually drown the filter.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:30 PM

accords own do u mind if I ask u to make a video with ur fujita CAI?

and klrspz how positive r u about that? Sometimes i get small floods and I end up going 5mph through them. Wouldnt that soak up all the water ? Idk but I might jus get a resonator jus to be safe

Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 PM

I'm not 100% sure no.. I won't lie.

But from all I've read, it really requires a LOT of water.

As for splashing, I just installed mine and it's still really well protected... again, it would require my front quarter panel to be submerged for it to really be doing anything negative.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:45 AM

I have CAI and have driven with 2 inches of water on the road with no problem. The filter is pretty well shielded in the corner of the bumper ..... it is hidden by an underbody shield. Also, my car is dropped over 2".

Old 11-05-2007, 10:30 AM

Likewise, mine's dropped 2";
I'll try to take pics during the week or the weekend to show where everything sits.
But in reality, it's pretty protected

Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 PM

Thanks KLRSPZ you don't have to show me a picture. I went to Gen7Accord and they showed pictures with bumpers off on where the filter is and it doesn't seem much to worry. You only need to worry if you're driving in a flood. A puddle might not even spash the water to reach the filter. Thanks for the help though. I am now gonna aim for the AEM V2 CAI after I get the SP2.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM

Exactly,

would you mind posting the link here for future searchers?

Quick Reply: Cold air intake questions