Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

dc sports headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:12 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: dc sports headers

Well I would def. tighten them up! I am sure the gaskets are better than what I have said, but after 8 months of having the headers they began to leak b/c I never tightened them. I never thought about it. But trust me its a really good idea! You dont want to go through the hassle of taking your headers apart twice to replace both gaskets and making one b/c you can only get the gasket where the 2 pieces meet off the net.

For the first month after I fixed them I checked all the nuts every week, I just jecked the car up on wood blocks, tightened the 3 nuts of the flange and the nuts of the headers going to the block. You'll be surprised at how loose they are! Just make sure you tighten them when the engine is cold so you dont strip the studs out. Now, I check them every 2 weeks or so and they barely need tightened!

Old 04-04-2007, 01:14 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Oh, and b4 my check engine light came on I could sort of hear a whisping noise (the leak) but wasnt to sure what it was and then bam here comes the light! The noise only was heard for like 2 days! So it came quick!

Old 04-04-2007, 01:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Hmmmm....I might as well leave the cover off so I can access my headers more frequently. Between my intake and exhaust....I guess I can't hear my headers

Old 04-04-2007, 09:26 PM

Lol...enough. He just wants to see overreactions like mine. Although I was saving the image for a time when I could acutally use it.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:33 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

haha I just want to hear his lame reply!

"Uhhhh, well my dad says his corvette is fast and it has 9 triple titanium sparks plugs +46HP and two magnaflow decals +13 HP" so there"

Old 04-04-2007, 09:50 PM

Lets drop the flame war before it starts.... I don't like to read worthless info in threads and in the future when someone reads through the thread it will reflect poorly on the people who use the forum please drop it so I don't have to erase a ton of posts.... Thanks.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

lol Okey Dokey! Sory 'bout that!

Just gets you all fired up....you know how that is![8D]

Old 04-04-2007, 10:14 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

This thread has really gone downhill.

Why is that kid still allowed to post?

Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 PM

Thread Closed.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:06 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: fabulous010

doesn anybody have the dc sports headers on there k24 03 - 05 coupe
Back to the original question.....(Sorry for this threat being polluted by FASTACCORD, our other members are not as immature)

Is there any reason why you are debating for DC Sports?
If money is somewhat tight, I would just go w/ OBX. Basically with two name brand of headers, the difference in price ($150-200) isnt going to really be worth it in my opinion. But like I said thats up to you. If you want quality that you know will fit and wont fail then go with DC Sports, but if you want a cheaper, yet very high quality product then go with OBX. The members on here with OBX products are VERY pleased. But so are the DC Sport guys.

Let us know what you choose!

Quick Reply: dc sports headers