Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   dc sports headers (https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-12/dc-sports-headers-8544/)

poser_pilot6 04-05-2007 08:31 AM

RE: dc sports headers

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

EDIT- OBX is about $200 shipped. DC Sports is around $434 shipped.

Just FYI, I got my OBX for $162 shipped, it will be here on Friday. :D

03Sleeper 04-05-2007 12:48 PM

No way...where did you find that good deal??

poser_pilot6 04-05-2007 02:34 PM

Right here, brotha.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-E...5844QQtcZphoto

This guys eBay store has a load of OBX stuff.

03Sleeper 04-05-2007 06:07 PM

Of course, I got my headers from the same vendor...but since mine is a 7th gen, its more expensive.

;)

EDIT - Wha? Why the winky?

poser_pilot6 04-06-2007 08:41 PM

Not only cheaper, but I personally like the styling of the Vette better than I ever liked the Viper. Although I am really upset by their transition to non-hideaway headlights... Still, ZO6 Vette is the sweetest car I ever had the opportunity to drive. Better than a Ferrari, Lambo, or Porsche 911 Turbo, IMO.

19Accord97 04-06-2007 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: C6Vette_Lingenfelter

Hey 19 Accord 97!

He might not have vette but I do...And its a hell of alot faster than a viper, Now maybe not their new one but still.....A vette is a lot cheaper than any viper I no of..
Yeah, but how much is the Lingenfelter (sp) version? But you also have to keep in mind that the Viper is hand built, which automatically adds an immense cost. This statistic is about two years old, but Dodge makes as many Vipers in a year as Chevy does in a month.
Besides, comparing an upgraded version of a Corvette to a Standard Viper is like comparing apples to oranges.

03Sleeper 04-07-2007 02:50 AM

Dude, Camaro's are awesome...poor man's Vette. I would be pretty stoked if I got a Camaro..you can probably smoke any stock Civic...or ones that have an insane amount of stickers or dropped to the floor...american muscle style.

C6Vette_Lingenfelter 04-09-2007 05:29 PM

A stock C6 vette will push any stock viper....It is basically who ever gets off the line the fastest.

And their are tons of different packages you can go with through Lingenfelter too.....Turbo, Twin-Turbo, Supercharger, porting the heads, I can go on forever!.....If you have the money to do it then why not, if you truly love your car.
Lingenfelter is known for their Corvettes.

My dad did look at Vipers a couple years ago, and was not impressed at all.....It's a waste of 80-90 grand. Save your money and get something better and cheaper!

19Accord97 04-10-2007 12:34 AM

Yeah but the Vette is down almost 100 hp, plus it weighs quite a bit less than a Viper. Heres my deal with Chevy....

-You see tons of Corvettes everyday...but when you see a Viper its like holy crap and you go check it out
-Most Corvette guys know nothing about cars
-If I am buying a sports car...I want a sports car...not a refined daily driver with traction control and all that other junk. The Viper always handles better in the slalom then the vette anyways http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...p;Profile=1008
-And of course most all the Corvette guys claim they are faster than a Viper, in which they will compare a modified Corvette to a stock Viper which is dumb. If you wanna play...go play with a Hennessy twin turbo viper, 1000hp 1100 ft of torque, lets see a Chevy v8 handle that for very long.

Chevy never builds a worthy engine, just like in the 70's and with their Cobalt...if its slow they just stick a supercharger on it. And that was supposed to compete with the SRT-4? psssshhhh Now look what they are doing...sticking a supercharger on the vette and calling it the blue devil/demon! lmao Wont they ever learn?

Never in my life will I own a Chevrolet...or other GM garbage. They and Ford ruined Nascar and drag racing.

C6Vette_Lingenfelter 04-10-2007 12:50 AM

hahahahaha............your funny.......

How many new corvettes do yousee everyday?.....and a custom Lingenfeter.....and around here whereI liveI have tons offriends with vettes, and they aren't a daily driver....and likeI said a stock C6 will push any viper....

and your a dumbBUTT....anything with 1000 horsepower willsmoke anything.....ButwhenI had my vette up at Lingenfelter they gave me a tour of their plant and they showed me a 06 Z06 with 1400 horsepower without a turbo or supercharger!......and I'll take that over your Hennessy dream car....

You will never in your life have enough money to own a chevy.......It's nice being RICH!, and good at what you do!.....take my word for it ;)