Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Exhaust Brands...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Default Exhaust Brands...

Hey guys, thinking about putting a new exhaust on my '91 sedan. was checking online and i am looking at around 500 from headers to muffler. I guess my questions are, high flow cat or test pipe(most likely cat), and should i try to stay in the same brand if i can? I don't know if changing brand names would mess up something like something being too short or not fitting. and i don't want that giant fart sound either., too obnoxious for me. I want a nice low tone from idle to around 2500, and a good loud rumble when i step on it. Are there any brands that i should consider over others?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Default RE: Exhaust Brands...

Greddy SP2

Old 06-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Why not the Apexi WS2 ? The one that you currently have bolted to your car? :P

Old 06-03-2008, 01:43 PM

haha he said he wantd a loud rumble when he guns it, so i figured the sp2 would be good. ws2 has not loud rumble...which is why i love it.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:33 PM

Yeah i'm kinda trying to get as amny opinions as possible to narrow it down because i don't want to spend the money and not like the sound. i have an aftermarket(i think) set up right now but i think it's onlt cat-back, but it sounds okay. Doesn't look so pretty though. and i want something name brand, aand i definately want new headers. mine look like they sat in water for a while. and if i'm going to replace everything around it, i figure i should just replace the cat anyway. plus i can get $$ for a catalytic converter. so it will almost pay for itself. also, if i plan on boosting my car in the almost near future, should that dictate my choice now for best results after that?

Old 06-03-2008, 03:36 PM

The SP2 and the WS2 are the same thing. I think you meant EVO2 tnguy. EVO2 is a round can where the others are flat oval.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM

round cans are always louder (straight through design)

i don't want that giant fart sound either
=> Greddy SP2, Apexi WS2, Tanabe Touring Medallion G (if you have the dinero...all there products are certified under 93dB)

Old 06-04-2008, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

round cans are always louder (straight through design)

i don't want that giant fart sound either
=> Greddy SP2, Apexi WS2, Tanabe Touring Medallion G (if you have the dinero...all there products are certified under 93dB)
SP2 and WS2 may look the similar, but that's it. The WS2 is a chambered (like stock), flow restrictive style, while the SP2 is a straight through, high flow design. Both are very quiet. Straight through design, as the SP2 proves, does not always mean louder. But most $60 ebay fart cans are loud and sound like crap when you get on it. And for the record the SP2 sounds great on WOT. At least on my H. I hear the motor more than the exhaust.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:14 AM

WS2 is a straight through design. WS2 and SP2 are the same thing.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:22 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

WS2 is a straight through design. WS2 and SP2 are the same thing.
Wow! I just looked up some stuff and youre right. All this time I thought it was chambered. I musta been thinking of the WS1 all this time. The SP2 is full stainless though. Hmmmmm, maybe I'll buy a WS2 muffler and have the best of both worlds

Quick Reply: Exhaust Brands...