Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

exhaust rubber hangers

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Default exhaust rubber hangers

ever sience i installed the magnaflow exhaust the exhaust kinda feels loose as in moves around could it be from the rubber hangers and i need to replace them or its normal for an aftermarket exhaust to be like that

Old 10-26-2007, 11:17 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: exhaust rubber hangers

You only need to replace them if they are torn of one side or completely. All exhausts are loose, this is so when you floor your car, the engine actually moves forward or back, and if the exhaust was not able to flex it would cause studs, bolts, and flanges to break.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:21 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

how loose is loose?

Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 PM

my exhaust would wobble around after i had it installed . i took it back and he just put an extra hanger on. it still moves alittle when i rev up, but doesn't wobble

Old 10-27-2007, 10:53 PM

when i first installed my exhaust, everytime i went over a bump or made a turn, it sounded like the cat was hitting the subframe of my car. i took it in and it turned out one of my hangers was broken. i ordered a new one from honda for $10 and the shop replaced it for free. the shop also centered the cat a little more and tightened all of the bolts, and then it was good as new.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:52 AM

ia their a website i can order it from and yea mine hits the subframe did one more question for your exhausts

is the tip and th end of the exhaust even or is your exhaust a lil more out then the bumper

Old 11-14-2007, 04:17 PM
kkvtech
Unregistered

you said a shop center your cat for you? how the hell did they do that? I installed a skunk2 exhaust and it doesnt fit correctly. its like i need to **** the whole thing forward. so if you could find out how they moved the cat i could apply it to the rest of my exhaust

Old 11-14-2007, 08:52 PM

lol. perfect conversation i need to get in on becasue im having the same cat problem. when the heat is on or the engine really starts going, the cat sounds like it reattles under idle and at a certain rpm and throttle %. Could it be because i cut off the cat hangar when i took the stock exhaust down? i took the car to hnda and they tightened everything so i know thats good.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 AM

IF YOU WANT YOUR EXHAUST TO NOT SHAKE LIKE A RICERRR, DO WHAT I DID. go to cartboy.com and order their urethane exhaust hangers. get smaller than 15mm, maybe 12, and put them on the last on eto two hangers along the exhaust and muff. your exhaust will not shake, ever, even if you for some reason want it to. they work amazing.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 11-15-2007, 03:53 PM

I'll take a look at that

Quick Reply: exhaust rubber hangers