Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Dual Exhaust
41.67%
Single
58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Which exhaust should I go with

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Default Which exhaust should I go with

Ok a friend that my friend knows said a dual exhaust won't do anything to my performance but I am wondering,
should I get a dual exhaust or single?

If I go with dual, I will have to get a new header and then the dual set. It looks nice, I like the look but is it worth it?
OR
should I stay with a single?For single, I will get a GReddy SP2 cat-back exhaust. I'm not sure about the
Dual yet but I am wondering. Maybe there's a few of you that have a i4 with a dual exhaust system...

I'm open to any suggestions and thanks a lot!!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Which exhaust should I go with

For dual mufflers, you don't need a new header. You can have a Y cut in at the rear axle and have some piping made to get to the second muffler. A friend of mine did that with an EX Civic and it looked really cool, but cost him some torque. If you do it, you should cut the pipes to the mufflers down to 2" to try to match the flow characteristics without the dual setup. I plan to remove my second muffler to make my 6 look like a 4 cylinder and hopefully gain a hair of torque.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:45 PM

i love my GReddy SP2...

I've heard with a dual setup you end up losing some performance due to unwanted backpressure?

could be bs, but again, i love my sp2!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:00 PM

Thanks again everyone. I will definitely go with single. I heard u do lose power with dual but then again someone told me it won't affect performance if I get a new header. It will be a waste of money on looks. I have found a sp2 for $290 + $60 shipping. If anyone finds a cheaper one by any chance pm me or post here. Again thanks everyone!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:37 PM

Good decision!!! The price sounds about right from what I've seen. My friend has the SP2 on the way for his EP3 hatch also ..... he saw that the exhaust had to be pulled for the sway bar install, so he got a replacement exhaust. I don't recommend headers on Honda 4-bangers, only 6's unless there is some kind of turbo, SC or nitrous in the mix ...... or a major build that will push the output over 25% of the stock output.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:09 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

For dual mufflers, you don't need a new header. You can have a Y cut in at the rear axle and have some piping made to get to the second muffler. A friend of mine did that with an EX Civic and it looked really cool, but cost him some torque. If you do it, you should cut the pipes to the mufflers down to 2" to try to match the flow characteristics without the dual setup. I plan to remove my second muffler to make my 6 look like a 4 cylinder and hopefully gain a hair of torque.
i want to do that also. tryin to be a sleeper kinda sorta
i'm thinkin 2.25 piping....but what kind of muffler would be good? or does it really matter?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Magnaflow 14851's, race seriesor 14850's, street series. you can get em on ebay for pretty cheap. and they come with polished tips that look good...I posted pics of mine somewhere on here and V6P...

Old 11-01-2007, 09:18 AM

sweeeet, thanks

Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM

I have WS2 ...... I have to figure out the gallery thing to post some pics and videos ..... the first round will look like crap though because it was way too dark outside ... I turned the camera speed up to 640 to try to compensate ...... I'll post a link when it's ready.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:29 AM

Dang, 290+ shipping? I --JUST-- paid 380 + shipping for my '03... Couldn't find it cheaper after looking for 2 weeks..

As for the 2.25", I also couldn't find that either... the SP2 is 2.5", and works great afaik..

Quick Reply: Which exhaust should I go with