Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

FAQ: SRI vs CAI

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: FAQ: SRI vs CAI

Spaz ... I'd say you're right, but you're looking at it too anally!!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I think that this is the best answer ive come across so far. This is froma Tenzo-R ad for their SRI

What’s the difference between a short ram intake and a cold air intake?

Cold air intakes are usually placed in the fender well area, which brings in a cooler charged air from beneath the car (outside of the engine bay), which is denser and therefore creates more power. The piping is a lot longer than a short ram which means the power gains are not seen until the mid to higher RPM band. A short ram intake is located inside the engine bay and creates power with better response times than a cold air, however the air is not as dense, which means that it doesn’t make as much power in the upper RPM region and makes less power overall.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM

SRI gets better mpg

Old 02-14-2008, 06:24 PM

I had both AEM COLD AIR, and Now i have AEM short RAM, i had the cold air for about 4 years now, and its awsome, you can feel a big diffrence on the freeway, the one thing i liked most about it was it would not make noise every time u hit the gas only when you wanted to ( when it got to about 3-4 RPM's) is when it kicked in, i wanted to see how the short RAM was, and it's not better then the cold air in anyways EXCEPT in SOUND, Yeah its been a while im thinking of getting the AEM V2, i have to see the dyno results first thats my input.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 PM

So I've decided to go with an SRI. From what I've read off a couple threads, it's a good investment to buy a $40 SRI off of eBay and then just keep the piping but replace the filter with a K&N filter. Do you guys recommend this? Also, is the Typhoon legal for emissions tests and whatnot in Georgia?

Thanks in advance guys.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:52 PM
HPS
Unregistered

Hey Guys! i need feed back for intakes...short or cold??? which is better? which would you buy??? would you purchase from a company that's just starting out but can compare to Fujita that pulls more hp and torque than Injen??? Lemme know looking to find a STOCK 08Honda Accord4cyl. and v6for test fittings on intakes and dyno (stickshift bone stock!) in the Los Angeles, Ca area!!!
[/align]

Old 06-11-2008, 05:33 PM

The pipes are all the same, it's the filter that should be the deciding factor. There's 3 pages of good info here, I'm sure you can make a decision after that.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:16 AM

Just look on ebay for a GOOD seller who looks professional and has a lot of pictures of the product. You can see if it's of good quality or not. Plus extremely inexpensive.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:10 PM

Puhaahaa....all started by mwah.[sm=badbadbad.gif]

But in all seriousness....depends on your location, whether you are willing to take off your bumper to clean your filter, high end power vs. throttle response, etc.

I opted for SRI because at cruising speeds...the temperature difference is negligible, I'm lazy, looks good in your engine bay...and I got ceramic headers for high end power.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:30 PM
eggroll0925
Unregistered

I dont know but, would you guys even considered the K&N typoon kit even a cold air intake, it looks so short just like th short ram but it claims to be a cold air intake though, i want to know you all opinion about that

Quick Reply: FAQ: SRI vs CAI