Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Good ebay intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default Good ebay intake

I am helping my friend find a good, or at least not terrible intake. I know he will never put down the 200+ for a name brand, so i told him he should get one off ebay. So I am asking your help to find a good one on ebay for a 98 civic dx, i dont really know what to look for on ebay because i try to stay away from it. so any help in the right direction would be appreciated. If it doesnt come with a bypass thats ok, we can just buy one seperatly. thanks in advance

Cameron

Old 02-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Default RE: Good ebay intake

did your friend want a cai or a sri???

Old 02-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

he doesnt really care, probably whatever is cheaper, just something that will add some horse power, and maybe sound.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well as long as the actual metal tube fits correctly, then pretty much any of them are fine. I would say buy the cheapest then go to your auto parts store and either buy the AEM Dryflow filter or a K&N filter. I would recommend the fryflow b/c you dont have to oil it. The filter really is what you need of quality.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:58 PM

i second 19accord97. thats exactly what i did and it has worked for over a year no problems

Old 03-01-2007, 12:02 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Im on the same bandwagon, get a Bomz intake or something like it, and replace the filter with the DryFlow. Thats a good, cheap intake that works well.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 AM

I agree with these guys. I have an ebay intake, real cheap. I put on additional hose clamp but that was all I had to do. If you don't replace the air filter it comes with, look for one that has an inverted cone in the end of the filter, much better breathing.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:46 PM

My friend got a cold air intake off of ebay. we had a hard time trying to send the pipe down so we just turned it into a short ram. I told him to get a different filter but he still hasn't done it. He is still runnign the ebay one. What ever you do do not run your car with the filter that comes with it!!! The filters are not good enough!! that's my two cents

Old 03-09-2007, 12:12 AM

i would say get aem cause they have the carb sticker i got pulled over by the chp last week and he asked me to pop the hood good thing i had aem intake and dc header both have the carb sticker cause he said if u have a performance part with no carb sticker u can get a ticket for that

Old 03-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

magana, where do you live? :S

Quick Reply: Good ebay intake