Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Had CAI installed now after Header

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Default Had CAI installed now after Header

Well I did it. I had a AEM CAI installed last night and boy am I happy... I felt the diffrance right away... took it on the freeway and was blown away at how easy it was to get up to 90mph and cruse to over 100mph... I dont really drive this fast, but my friend needed a ride upstate so how can I pass up a 35 mile freeway ride nonstop with many lanes and no traffic... so I did what anyone of us would do...zzzoooooooooommmmmmm!!!.. The sound was sweet at the upper RPM's and the car really moved...anyhow now I am going to do some headers... I have been up and down this forum doing some research and have come to the coclusion that OBX is the way to go...so here we are people let the debates begin... which way should i go...

AEM
DC
OBX
HELP!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Default RE: Had CAI installed now after Header

well it all depends on whether you need a carb legal header or not. I think obx headers are carb legal, but not quite sure. DC headers are carb legal. Seeing that AEM and DC are similar, you only stated 2 options. Theres also megan headers, but some people say they can hear rattling sounds after install.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:16 AM

Well I am in New York... so I guess I can go with either... I keep hearing about the DC one cracking so Im not too sure about that one... The AEM one I am sure is a great one... But for what I hear the OBX gives the same Performance as the others for way less money... So what I want to know From People who have had any expiriance with these products.. is can I expect High end Performance from The OBX header... I am kind of leaning that way but wont sacrafice preformance for a few bucks... I will go another way... I want as many ponies as I can get from this mod...

Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 AM

well the dc cracks if you drive careless and i think it cracks under extreme heat. if you want to get the best bang for your buck and im assuming you have an accord, you wont get that much hp from headers, roughly around 2-3 at the most.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:10 AM

Well I now have a CAI by AEM, I also Have a Duel Exsaust with 2 pilot mufflers... and now I want to do the Headers... I was under the impression that headers gave more hp than what you just stated... By the way I have a Honda Accord 2000 Coupe 2.3 I4 V-TEC... I must say that with the Exsuast and the CAI I have noticed a gain in the HP department...Can anyone tell me if it is true that all I am getting is 2HP from the Headers no matter which brand I go with..

Old 01-19-2007, 01:34 AM

well the most hp you would get from headers is from the c/t headers. websites that sell headers state that you gain anywhere from 10-15 hp which is false advertisement. i believe that the only reason you believe you are getting alot of hp is because its a psychological effect. for example, sri, you may think you are gaining alot of hp, when in reality, you are gaining 2 max, 3 if lucky.
*edit*
u could always s/c'd your car if you want more power.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:59 AM

what do you think about pullies... i saw some power pullies that AEM has on the website and the claim a big jump in hp... what do you think???

Old 01-19-2007, 02:14 AM

pulleys are another option also. dont pay no mind to what they advertise on their website. ask people who have bought it and have dynoed it to see the result yourself. I heard that unorthodox are good too. im going with unorthodox ultra Ss after i get my in dash dvd and monitor done and after some new wheels also. you could always mess with your internals like cams, but you would have to get it tuned to pass emissions.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:29 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I have OBX headers and love them. They are cheap, and when i got them my dad and I were surprised at how well they were constructed considering the price. It is one of those few instances where you pay less, and receive more than expected. They fit perfectly. The ONLY somewhat downside to it was that the O2 sensor was being strecthed to its max to make it but it hasnt caused any problems. If I had to go back I would buy from OBX again.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Pulley's: AEM or Unorthodox both are great, just choose the set for what you want to do (OEM, SS, etc) you're looking at 2-3HP gain from those just because it allows more power to the rear wheels
Headers: From everything I've read OBX is the best bang for your buck. In all honesty with a CAI on there I'd guess you're going to get 6-8HP from the headers, more if you change out your exhuast and/or cat....

Quick Reply: Had CAI installed now after Header