Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Have a problem after installing headers and a custom exhaust

Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Default Have a problem after installing headers and a custom exhaust

Hi I need help about a week ago I installed headers and a custom dual exhaust on my 94 accord, but as soon as I drove it I noticed something was wrong I was at a stop light and noticed that my car was reving itself up to 2000 rpm's and down to 400 rpm's. I was told that maybe the header o2 sensor doesn't work, but not sure. Does anybody know what might be the problem?

Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Have a problem after installing headers and a custom exhaust

What headers are they? Did you use the stock o2 sensor or get a new one? Is the cat still on there? Try resetting your ecu to let the computer learn everything. Unplug the battery and open your doors to use the rest of thepower for about 20 minutes. Hook the battery back up, start it, let it idle for a few minutes w/o touching the gas and then drive it normally. That may help. Let us know.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:38 AM

use a spark plug fouler...drill a hole in the fouler big enough for the sensor can slide in..this will trick the sensor. do a search on google for anti-fouler tricks

Old 11-08-2006, 03:08 AM

Agree with 19Accord97. After every mod you should do this.
Not sure about a fouler, never heard of it. Maybe someone can enlighten me...

Old 11-08-2006, 04:31 AM

the headers are Megan 4-2-1 and its the original o2 sensor and no their is no cat, but it has a megan resonator. I already tried disconecting the battery and left it for about 30 minutes and it still does it, but it doesn't go up to 2000 rpm's now it goes up to 1300 rpm's and down to 400 rpm's. Could it be the o2 sensor or the resonator. And the exhaust fumes stink really bad.[X(]

Old 11-08-2006, 07:57 AM

no cat = a incorrect O2 reading on ur sensor... 2 options get a cat or get a resistor... that will imulate the reading of the exhaust after the cat... stink how? gassy? lean? theres no way for exhaust to actualy STINK but it can smell oily or whatever

Old 11-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

please put the cat back on the car so breathing for the rest of us is easier.........

ICV or vaccum leak are most common reasons for looping idle. double check your work

Old 11-08-2006, 01:51 PM

to reset the computer in the future you can also remove the main 7.5amp fuse for about 20-30 seconds... Also, did you re-install the second O2 sensor that normally goes behind the cat?

Old 11-08-2006, 04:21 PM

How do I put the resistor? and it has a gassy smell.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:31 PM

if it's gassy then you are running rich, sounds like you're lacking that rear O2 sensor, search for O2 sensor emulator and you may be able to find a sensor that will emulate the readings it's supposed to give... Did your check engine light come on by chance? I would assume that if it hasn't already it's going to

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have a problem after installing headers and a custom exhaust