Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

header and exhaust install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 10:11 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default header and exhaust install?

So Im planning on getting a header and exhaust hopefully in the next couple months. From what I have read on here, OBX makes a good header and the Apexi WS2 is a good, mellow exhaust, so those are what Im planning to purchase.

How difficult is it to install these items myself? Im really limited on my budget and would like to do the work myself. Or maybe with a couple friends, since I can pay them in six packs lol. Anyone have first hand experience? Any pointers?

Old 11-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Default RE: header and exhaust install?

ya i installed DC-S 4-2-1 headers on my 02 accord. everyone was tellin me that u had to weld and **** which u dont. it was a bitch installing them but worth saving the 300 plus bucks. do u have the 4 or 6 cylinder? and i got tsudo N1 exhaust and it sounds deep and nice. ill put a vid of it. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=940935477 thats not exactly wut it sounds like. its a lil more deep in person and a lil bit louder lol

Old 11-21-2006, 10:58 PM

Not too hard to install, just make sure to put liquid wrench or something like it on all the bolts. This will ease the install. Try lubing the bolts several days or even weeks in advance. And I agree with OBX!

Old 11-21-2006, 11:55 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

It would be nice if this would be an easy project lol. I really havent ever done much work on cars, mostly just changing my oil and such. Would I need a lift, or at least jackstands or something?

Old 11-22-2006, 03:18 AM

so how soon are you planning on getting the parts? sounds like a lot of fun to put headers tell me how it goes nvr seen or done that before and im thinking about getting it in the future

Old 11-22-2006, 05:13 AM

they help alot. the bolts werent hard to get off. the reason i had trouble was because we installed headers all the way back to the exhaust tip so all the piping from headers back is new. thats y it was a bitch for me. but it was worth it cuz it was a fun project

Old 11-22-2006, 12:49 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

So you did your header and exhaust all at the same time? Thats what I want to do, if Im going to do them both anyway, I might as well wait until I can afford it and do them at the same time. Probably a few months from now, Im hoping to do it by March.

Old 11-22-2006, 03:03 PM

ya. i was scared wen i first got my exhaust and headers cuz i thought it would sound like the mexican accords were they r really high pitched and ricey sounding. but all they do is the tip so thats how they get that annoying sound lol. if u do headers back its a completey different story. r u thinking about puttin a turbo on ur car anytime? cuz if ur goin to u r goin to want to get bigger down piping and exhaust.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:26 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I definitely dont want a ricey sound to my car. I want it to be fairly deep, not too loud, except at WOT. I do want to put a turbo on it, but that is at least two years away, probably longer. Right now I just want to get some bolt ons and make the car faster than it is now lol.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:03 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

02Blue, I checked your myspace vid, that exhaust sounds pretty nice. Was that an eBay purchase as well, and how much?

Quick Reply: header and exhaust install?