Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

header exhaust is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Default header exhaust is it worth it?

Hey guys. I've asked about headers and exhuast before about,which is best etc. Now my question is for those of you that have i/h/e...are the gains really worth it? How much improvement have you noticed? I'm very reluctant to put down this kind of money and not get enough bang for my buck ya know? DC ceramic header and ws2 cat back is gonna cost a pretty penny When it comes to sound, I'm not too big on that. So if the best thing is the sound it makes that's not for me. I drove an expedition with flowmasters for 4 years and got so annoyed by it (was cool for the first year or so).

Thanks for advice guys.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Default RE: header exhaust is it worth it?

to me its worth it,but then again every individual is diff.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:37 PM

It was worth the expense to me and I'm still running the stock exhaust system. The before/after difference was not astounding but it was indeed a positive move.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:39 PM

i think exhaust and headers r worth it. cuz hondas are really air restricted. so if u get headers and exhaust u will feel the difference in power and throttle response bcuz it alows more air flow

Old 01-24-2007, 05:55 PM

So it's not a significant gain? Did you happen to do a before and after on your 0-60 times?

How about fuel efficiency did it increase/decrease?

Thanks for the input guys.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:02 PM

.your 0-60 wont really get much better unless u turbo or do a big upgrade like that. it is kinda a big difference. and gas milage is alot better then wut is was.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Cool cool. Maybe i'll just do the headers to start out with and go from there. First I need replace my timing belt cuz if that breaks the header and exhaust will ave been in vain. Thanks though for the advice. The idea of better gas mileage is appealing, since I plan on keeping this car till 200k (i'm at 93k now).

Old 01-24-2007, 10:08 PM

Get all your ducks in a row as far as maintenance before you spit big bucks out for aftermarket stuff.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:15 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: RTexasF

Get all your ducks in a row as far as maintenance before you spit big bucks out for aftermarket stuff.
I agree. Getting your timing belt changed and the water pump n such is going to be pricey ecspecially if you have the dealer do it. Mine cost a little over $800. So yeah, def. do that and then save up again for mods. If your t-belt breaks you'll most likely have to get a new engine which makes the timing belt change seem cheap.

As for the I/H/E setup. I am really glad I did it, although I wish I would have gotten a cheaper exhaust. But you have to realize, that any hp gain on a 4 banger helps. I noticed a power increase, and smoother powerband.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:01 AM

ya that is a must b4 u upgrade all ur stuff. but first start out with a CAI or a SRI and then go with headers and exhaust.

Quick Reply: header exhaust is it worth it?