Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Default Headers

I have an intake n a cat back now i need the header.. so here is the one that i found on ebay does this look lagit? i realize eaby may not be the best option but this seemed to look alright.. any thoughts ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...spagenameZWDVW
Also i am wondering about installation? how hard is that to do myslef. im really worried about rusted out bolts n taking the old off...?
Thanks,
Chris

Old 11-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Headers

The 4 cylinder loses a good amount of low-end power when you put a header on. Also, the link is for a racing header that eliminates the cat. Do you plan to buy your inspection stickers illegally? Or swap out the headers with the stock manifold and cat to inspect the car?

The bolts will most likely be rusted. A friend of mine did a cat-back install last week and found that the cat nuts were rusted on and the studs are press-fit to the cat. He had to cut the bolts and studs off, drill out the bolts and use new bolts, nuts, washers and lock washers. Do you have the cobolt drill bits to drill out hardened bolts? He told me the set cost about $1000. He's also a master machinist.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:42 AM

That header is also crap. It will likely leak or fall apartina year or sooner.
If you are going to go cheap, buy Megan or OBX. If you buy OBX, you need to buy a new gasket as their gasket that is included is crap.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:14 PM

im going DC for mine. Id rather pay more and have a name behind it so if/when something goes wrong i have someone to complain to.

Falkore: I find that interesting seeing that i will either be replacing the cat with a hi flo, or a "Racing" header. The thing about the bolts intrests me. I plan on doing this insatl with a friend. Would you mind sharing a little info as to what gen your friend has? Im imagining this is a problem that occurs on older model cars because of their time on the road. But last nighti was under my car doing an oil change (Brrr it got cold quic here in NY) and i noticed that mine have a considerable amount of rust on them as well.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 PM

Mine were pretty rusted, but with some Kroil they came right off.

Ended up using some new bolts we found from Home Despot.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:24 PM

ok thats good to know actually, how long ago did you do yours?

Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 PM

Ahh sorry.. I thought I was in another thread....

Either way, Kroil does great on rusted bolts.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:33 PM

Yeah ignore this post.. i couldn't delete it (or figure out how anyway)

Old 11-09-2007, 04:01 PM

Megan comes with a one year warranty I believe. many people are happy with their Megan Header as well. Velocifero has one on his H22

Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Fenix

im going DC for mine. Id rather pay more and have a name behind it so if/when something goes wrong i have someone to complain to.

Falkore: I find that interesting seeing that i will either be replacing the cat with a hi flo, or a "Racing" header. The thing about the bolts intrests me. I plan on doing this insatl with a friend. Would you mind sharing a little info as to what gen your friend has? Im imagining this is a problem that occurs on older model cars because of their time on the road. But last nighti was under my car doing an oil change (Brrr it got cold quic here in NY) and i noticed that mine have a considerable amount of rust on them as well.
you wont regret getting the dc sports header
and i heard megan racing makes a great header too

Quick Reply: Headers