Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Default headers

hi i got me a new '94 accord ex and im planning on putting on some new headers, ive been looking on ebay, and various brands and my wallet isnt all that thick at the moment so im trying to find something that will give me some more performance.
i found these headers... i guess they are suposed to be a dc sports nockoff or something like that... they looked like good headers to me
but the only part that really concerned me is the placement of the o2 sensor
what are your oppinions?

here is the sight:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-97...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Default RE: headers

hey ive also been looking at cats... yet again on ebay
please tell me what you think any advise
im kinda new to this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-26-2006, 05:14 AM

ORIGINAL: X___nothingspecial

hi i got me a new '94 accord ex and im planning on putting on some new headers, ive been looking on ebay, and various brands and my wallet isnt all that thick at the moment so im trying to find something that will give me some more performance.
i found these headers... i guess they are suposed to be a dc sports nockoff or something like that... they looked like good headers to me
but the only part that really concerned me is the placement of the o2 sensor
what are your oppinions?

here is the sight:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-97...QQcmdZViewItem
those headers are cheap wells i asked the people up in the forum it does seem kind of suspicious and those r DC - style header not dc sports. i would recommend megan racing header if you goin for cheap ones they are kind of cheap and i read alot of other forums that they arent bad and have good quality hope this helps you out.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:06 AM

I have also heard some good things about megan's headers, but I think you wouldn't be dissapointed if you saved up and bought a DC header. You wouldn't have to worry about picking the wrong header on ebay and getting rust or bad air flow. Just my .02

Old 03-26-2006, 01:13 PM

thank you for your thoughts on the header...
but what do you think about the cat?

im really sorry about my probably stupid questions
I am 17 and i live in a small town where it is extremely hard to access this type of knowledge... everyone is into 4x4 around here

sorry again, and thank you for your patience

Old 03-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

no prob.....any question that you have will be gladly answered....everyone on this site at one point in time didnt know didly about cars. those headers are crap.....and that cat is questionable. i agree if your on a budget go with megan or obx headers they are much better than those ones and the reasons for that can be found in another post in this section i think.

the cat that came on your car is actually very good and flows pretty well. if you want significantly more flow.....then i would go with a test pipe

Old 03-26-2006, 05:25 PM

okay... well thank you very much lightshow
i really appreciate your help
and ill look at the megan and obx headers

but about the cat... between the stock and test pipe... would you actually be able to feel a difference?

Old 03-26-2006, 05:44 PM

along with that... would they pass emissions?

Old 03-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

youll feel a decent difference. and no it wont pass emmissions. youll have to put your cat back on for the test.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:22 PM

Yeah, I hear ya about the 4x4 small town thing. For the very little I know right now, I've gotten it almost exclusively from this forum and a magazine or two. Everyone here will be more than happy to help you out. As far as the cat goes, if your stock one already has pretty good flow I might just stick with that, or if you really want that extra flow just use a test pipe. It definitely wouldn't pass emissions though, so you'd have to put the old one on each time that comes around.

Quick Reply: headers